DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Enabling microphone DJI go4

Carb63

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
My question is a simple one:
I was recording a waterfall yesterday, I went to the settings app in DJI go4 to enable the sound capabilities. Upon doing so , the request for microphone can on , and I inadvertently hit do not allow . So I powered down and retried a few times , how ever, the message never prompted me again to allow microphone. I recorded the waterfall a few times after that hoping I would get sound. What do I have to do to get this to work. TIA my friends.

Reactions: Philarm and Dronage
Maybe log out and log back in to Go ?

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
My question is a simple one:
I was recording a waterfall yesterday, I went to the settings app in DJI go4 to enable the sound capabilities. Upon doing so , the request for microphone can on , and I inadvertently hit do not allow . So I powered down and retried a few times , how ever, the message never prompted me again to allow microphone. I recorded the waterfall a few times after that hoping I would get sound. What do I have to do to get this to work. TIA my friends.

What kind of device? I believe this prompt was for the microphone on the device you have connected to your controller. If you are using say an iPhone / iPAD you would simply go into "settings" and then scroll down to the bottom where your apps are listed and select the DJI GO 4 app, in there, it would list what the app has requested access to and you should see "microphone" with the slider indicating "gray", slide it to "green to allow".

This would be different if on an Android, but same principle.

Forgive me, I fly a Mavic Pro and I'm pretty sure it doesn't record sound. You're talking about a bird that records sound, or the phone recording sound while you're flying?

Just checked my iPad and that isn't in mine but did go to Privacy then Microphone and hit that and says
..Applications that have requested access to the microphone will appear here..
Maybe look there.
Forgive me, I fly a Mavic Pro and I'm pretty sure it doesn't record sound. You're talking about a bird that records sound, or the phone recording sound while you're flying?
Would have to be the device as you are correct the Mavic does not record sound .

Reactions: Carb63
Just checked my iPad and that isn't in mine but did go to Privacy then Microphone and hit that and says
..Applications that have requested access to the microphone will appear here..
Maybe look there.

Would have to be the device as you are correct the Mavic does not record sound .
I enabled it in DJI settings , I’ll have to check the DJI go app in the iPad and see if that will work. Thx.

Well , I do remember hearing myself taking with someone asking about the drone. It recorded it in the past. But since then I shut it down disabling the MP for sound until yesterday b

What kind of device? I believe this prompt was for the microphone on the device you have connected to your controller. If you are using say an iPhone / iPAD you would simply go into "settings" and then scroll down to the bottom where your apps are listed and select the DJI GO 4 app, in there, it would list what the app has requested access to and you should see "microphone" with the slider indicating "gray", slide it to "green to allow".

This would be different if on an Android, but same principle.
That’s what I was just thinking. Thx

Reactions: MAVIC_2_YTS
Mine records sound. You have to go into the settings and turn it on
Thanks, I guess I never noticed! I'm going to get some base recordings of the prop noise and then see how much of it I can eliminate using Audacity. I can't imagine the mic is very high quality, but that'll be a fun little experiment :)

Thanks, I guess I never noticed! I'm going to get some base recordings of the prop noise and then see how much of it I can eliminate using Audacity. I can't imagine the mic is very high quality, but that'll be a fun little experiment :)

Just to be clear, there is NO mic on the drone itself. The only Mic that would record audio is on the device you connect to the controller.

Just to be clear, there is NO mic on the drone itself. The only Mic that would record audio is on the device you connect to the controller.
Okay, that's what I came in here thinking. Saved me some time. Thanks

Reactions: MAVIC_2_YTS
Well what I did was record w/o props on. Stand still recording near the fall. All you hear is the water cascading. I failed when I deny access to microphone. ??‍♂️

Well what I did was record w/o props on. Stand still recording near the fall. All you hear is the water cascading. I failed when I deny access to microphone. ??‍♂️

As others have said, it's just recording audio from your phone/tablet microphone. The drone itself doesn't have a microphone.

Reactions: charliej and Carb63
its worth noting the audio that does get recorded also does not end up in the video files on the drones micro sd card or internal storage. it records to the hd video on your phone/tablet. so you need to pull both video files and sync in post (or just run with the lower res copy on the mobile device.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31