Voice Control your drone with this app

Smart drone:
"Hey drone, take off."
"Hey drone, return to home."
"Hey drone, increase speed to 25 mph."
"Hey drone, fly the waypoints mission called "backyard garden."
"Hey drone, hover at 150 feet for 15 minutes."

AI drone:
"Hey drone, fly out to the beach as quickly as possible and take 10 photos which includes at least 2 sailboats and 4 surfers."
"Hey drone, only when it is raining or just because it starts raining, launch the waterproof drone to the university parking lot (which is in a 50 ft LAANC grid) and slowly scan for unoccupied convertibles with the top down being careful not to fly over moving cars. Send a text message, not to the registered owner, but to the person who drove the car to the lot or currently has the keys when you detect."
"Hey drone, stage near the baseball field and then capture the half-time events at the high school football game (since drones are only allowed during non-play) including the players when the return to the field. Bypass the low-battery RTH and land on alternate landing pad #2 if necessary."
"Hey drone, during lunch time, fly to the city market and sample/count the foot traffic and include pets. Also break out the number of children and strollers. Do not include employees who work in a 2-mile radius."
"Hey drone, twice a day, check the vehicle license plates in the walmart parking lot next door for warrants only. If the vehicle is moving or the driver is checking out at the register and the warrant is high-level and in state, livestream and activate spotlight mode and trigger a "drone e-notify" alert."
"Hey drone, whenever I step out for lunch or log onto my all-hands 2 hour monthly zoom meeting, launch the drone to watch the back gate and send me a text message and live-stream to my iPhone or computer whenever an unauthorized vehicle approaches the gate. Follow any vehicle which appears suspicious."
"Hey drone, capture the early sunset from the east river bridge (when the moon is also visible, the skies have some fog, and remove the car traffic on the bridge but leave the foot traffic).
"Hey drone, watch the ski lift for traffic going up the mountain (for volume and equipment) and determine when it's best to capture the coolest run from snowboard-only customers on mogul slopes 2-4 only when the sun comes out. Focus on anyone who crashes for 1-2 minutes."

We already have smart things and have had them for a couple of decades; nothing special. Hopefully we get real AI in our drones soon, one day.
Thank you for your this super great response. We are hoping all of the stuff you said will be possible! The app we've created (Here’s a demo of the initial functionality) can already do some of the smart following. We are working on an AI model that will allow it do do all the commands you've listed here.

It sounds like another step closer to the awaiting hell where we have relinquished the ability to control things directly, but instead rely on algorithms to translate (approximate?) our wishes into actions. In so many fields of life, part of the pleasure comes from combining knowledge with physical skills and judgement to achieve an end; even if its not always as predicted, but still very satisfying as a human . AI will make amazing differences to the world, but I think we will lose more than we gain overall.
I’m in my 30s, a huge tech geek, but I agree with this. It will happen in a similar method to what happened with social media, where is has reduced physical interaction between people tremendously.

The idea is nice, but voice recognition depending on the device, can be misunderstood or misinterpreted and instructions to the drone may not have the desired results. Your outside with wind, vehicles, equipment in the area, and even people talking nearby that can interfere with your communications. Additionally, how often have you spoke into your phone for example and on occasion it does not recognize your voice requiring reprogramming. Not a good situation when you have a multi thousand dollar drone relying on the voice command. Sticks or programmed missions would be my first choice.

Guys I should probably provide some more context. I'm working on an early startup trying to make robots easier to use and control. We imagine a world where people can interact with their robots as easily as they would a pet.

Have you ever tried to get voice control to work with a pet?!?!!?

Just sayin'... 😁😁😁

Reactions: Kilrah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N