DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Encoder error what is this?

Also if you look at the screen shot in the upper left you will see it says no signal. Exactly what signal is this, the camera signal to the app I guess?
It seems like if the gimbal and camera feed are not working that you may have a problem with the camera ribbon cablie. Does everything in the app work (like GPS signal,elevation, etc) except for the video feed?

I know this thing always checks for updates when you turn it on and plug in the pad but how do you go about manually reinstalling a firmware?

Your going to want to get DJI assistant 2 on your computer, than you plug the Mavic into it via the micro USB plug on the opposite side from the SD card slot. Power on the battery and it should pop up in Assistant. In there there are several options including one for firmware updates. image.jpeg
I believe you do the same with controller via the micro USB port. -CF

Reactions: Opfor
It'd be the encoder that would be writing to the SD card (.MP4 and .MOV are containers that contain encoded video/audio) so I could see a correlation. Until you get an SD card formatted and working in the Mavic (option in DJI GO4 app to format) I'd not be look elsewhere for solutions, imho.

Ok, so I spent the better part of 1.5 hrs on the phone with DJI today. They had me reset the aircraft to factory default settings, then they had me try to reinstall the latest version .300 I do believe. It kept crashing at the 40% mark 3x in a row. So the agent said to remove the assistant and install the assistant for the Mavic AIR and not the pro...something about it was better and more stable...whatever I just did it since he is SUPPOSE to be the expert. Finally loaded the latest firmware but still did NOT resolve the issue...still getting the same encoder error message. Said it was going to have to be sent to the factory for repair. This is a bit disappointing as I only took possession of this new mavic Platinum on 3 Feb...had exactly 1 month with a total of 4 hrs of flight time and already getting issues like this with no crashes or damage at all to it.

Appreciate all that attempted to help me with this...especially MavicCF for all your input!

Ok, so I spent the better part of 1.5 hrs on the phone with DJI today. They had me reset the aircraft to factory default settings, then they had me try to reinstall the latest version .300 I do believe. It kept crashing at the 40% mark 3x in a row. So the agent said to remove the assistant and install the assistant for the Mavic AIR and not the pro...something about it was better and more stable...whatever I just did it since he is SUPPOSE to be the expert. Finally loaded the latest firmware but still did NOT resolve the issue...still getting the same encoder error message. Said it was going to have to be sent to the factory for repair. This is a bit disappointing as I only took possession of this new mavic Platinum on 3 Feb...had exactly 1 month with a total of 4 hrs of flight time and already getting issues like this with no crashes or damage at all to it.

Appreciate all that attempted to help me with this...especially MavicCF for all your input!
Your welcome, sorry it didn't help though:cool:. Let us know what DJI finds 'cause I'm very curious now! -CF

Will do. They did show me how to open a case and had a UPS label sent in 3 min. Shipping tomorrow.

Replace new mainboard will solve the problem

I’m having the same issue I have replaced the esc, the gimbal and board and all ribbons and signal cable, I replaced the arms wit motors I’ve changed the sd card tried taking it out tried changing the cable from rc to phone. I’m using an iPhone 8 with newest update I tried downgrade I tried upgrade on screen I can’t get it to connect

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet