DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Encoder error what is this?

Opfor

Reactions
Trying to fly today and getting an encoder error while trying to start the system. It says I have the latest firmware but when screen pulls up the camera does not work and says no signal. I can still fly the Drone but I have no camera to view through It also says there is some type of encoder error in to contact DJI support if it persist. Does anyone know what this is and how to correct?

Trying to fly today and getting an encoder error while trying to start the system. It says I have the latest firmware but when screen pulls up the camera does not work and says no signal. I can still fly the Drone but I have no camera to view through It also says there is some type of encoder error in to contact DJI support if it persist. Does anyone know what this is and how to correct?
Could you post a screenshot of you phone screen which the camera view pulled up and error displayed?

Sorry not the best a screenshot of a screenshot but hopefully this helps.

Attachments

• 15201242288541510667306.jpg
    15201242288541510667306.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
  • 15201244033761984414694.jpg
    15201244033761984414694.jpg
    759.5 KB · Views: 87
did a search of the forums... came up with this...
Remove memory card. Reformat it in the computer. Put it back in Mavic. Do a restart... that should fix it!

did a search of the forums... came up with this...
Remove memory card. Reformat it in the computer. Put it back in Mavic. Do a restart... that should fix it!
Wouldn't formatting it the Mavic work better? I don't know it just seems like you should always format in the camera itself.

I just swapped the SD card out and I'm still getting the same error. How could an error with the SD card keep the camera from working?? I've actually flown it before without the SD card

I've always taken the SD card out to view the video and photos so I'm not even sure how to format the card inside the mavic. I know how to do it on a computer though

Sorry not the best a screenshot of a screenshot but hopefully this helps.
I personally think the camera not working is something else. What phone are you using? Have you tried using different cords plugged into the USB port in the bottom of the remote instead of the side port? A lot of the times the cables DJI sends end up failing or not working correctly. Try that and if that doesn't fix it try deleting and re-installing the GO app.

I'm using an Nvidia Shield tablet to fly, I usually fly hooked up to the USB port on the bottom of the controller. I did switch to the side to try it, did not change the problem. I also switched out chords to see if that had anything to do with it, did not change, finally I went back to the phone and also getting the same error on the phone so I think it's something definitely related to the mavic itself but not sure. I guess at this point I'll be calling DJI on Monday I do appreciate all the help and suggestions so far

I'm using an Nvidia Shield tablet to fly, I usually fly hooked up to the USB port on the bottom of the controller. I did switch to the side to try it, did not change the problem. I also switched out chords to see if that had anything to do with it, did not change, finally I went back to the phone and also getting the same error on the phone so I think it's something definitely related to the mavic itself but not sure. I guess at this point I'll be calling DJI on Monday I do appreciate all the help and suggestions so far
Yeah I guess that's the path I'd take at this point, I don't think I've seen that error before. I am curious now what it is. Sorry man, hope DJI works it out for you! -CF

Try to cycle the little wifi -rc switch by the memory card slot. (switch it on and off)

So I cycled the switch nothing changed I also tried to format the SD card as indicated by the video and when I did it said there was no SD card in the aircraft which is not true. I also noticed on the status panel it said no SD card so I do not know what's going on. I also went ahead and did a new IMU calibration in case that was the next suggestion LOL.

Get the SD card issue figured out, and that may be it.

I don't necessarily see how this can be an SD card issue I've already swapped them out and that didn't change anything. How could an SD card keep the camera from working? I've flown without an SD card before. I've also taken the SD card completely out and it doesn't change anything ,same error message

I don't necessarily see how this can be an SD card issue I've already swapped them out and that didn't change anything. How could an SD card keep the camera from working? I've flown without an SD card before. I've also taken the SD card completely out and it doesn't change anything ,same error message
Yeah it doesn't make sense to me eithor. Can you move the gimbal at all?

Also if you look at the screen shot in the upper left you will see it says no signal. Exactly what signal is this, the camera signal to the app I guess?

Encoder / decoder (codecs) is usually a software problem. Try re-installing firmware on mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead