DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Englewood/Venice Florida

I just saw two clips of the pier...looks like he took off by the beach and just flew over the pier.....I also saw a clip of the jetty..
Interesting… I see small planes literally taking off or landing above the pier! 😳 I wonder what kind of drones they were flying?!

Interesting… I see small planes literally taking off or landing above the pier! 😳 I wonder what kind of drones they were flying?!
I went to the pier tonight and checked the B4UFLY app...and the pier is in a NFZ.....I am going to check out getting permission for the next time I am visiting my son in Venice...Do you know anything about the Venice jetty?

I went to the pier tonight and checked the B4UFLY app...and the pier is in a NFZ.....I am going to check out getting permission for the next time I am visiting my son in Venice...Do you know anything about the Venice jetty?
I believe the jetty is ok.

I've heard of people flying from the South Jetty in Venice, don't know how the get clearance.
I am puzzled by your question. I don't see an issue in the B4UFLY app but then again I might not be using the same location that you are.

I believe it’s a NFZ, there’s an airport right next to it.
Venice Municipal is 'uncontrolled', has no tower and is in class G airspace. FAA rules let you fly near there but need to yield to manned aircraft. DJI Fly sees it differently however...

I live in Englewood, never flown at the Jetty but it would be a great place to fly, especially at Sunset.
I enjoy sunrise as well.Not crowded like sunset and a much different vibe.Dusk a also is excellent here and people leave in droves as soon as the sun dips below the horizon.Often the best time for lighting and at 400' up the sun hasn't quite set yet.

I live in Englewood, never flown at the Jetty but it would be a great place to fly, especially at Sunset.
The South Jetty has lots of fine photo ops.

Attachments

• 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals