DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Enhanced warning zone restriction questions DJI GO4

OurAngryBadger

Reactions
Next week I will be flying in a warning zone and enhanced warning zone in one flight. Will be launching from the yellow warning zone but will need to fly slightly into the orange enhanced warning zone during the mission.

I know in the yellow warning zones, the GO app just gives you a warning you dismiss. But I've never flown in the enhanced orange zone before so not sure what to expect.

What concerns me the most is that I will be entering the orange zone mid flight, and I do not want the drone to automatically be forced to land (it would be over a lake).

I will also be using smart controller with no data connection, so if there's any website i need to go to to fill out a waiver i will be out of luck.

This is class G airspace but it's close to class C which I won't be entering. So I don't need laanc auth, it's mostly an issue with the dji geofencing

Reactions: Edwin Aguilar
Next week I will be flying in a warning zone and enhanced warning zone in one flight. Will be launching from the yellow warning zone but will need to fly slightly into the orange enhanced warning zone during the mission.

I know in the yellow warning zones, the GO app just gives you a warning you dismiss. But I've never flown in the enhanced orange zone before so not sure what to expect.

What concerns me the most is that I will be entering the orange zone mid flight, and I do not want the drone to automatically be forced to land (it would be over a lake).

I will also be using smart controller with no data connection, so if there's any website i need to go to to fill out a waiver i will be out of luck.

This is class G airspace but it's close to class C which I won't be entering. So I don't need laanc auth, it's mostly an issue with the dji geofencing

Great question!
A lot of us would like to know if any of the geofencing implemented by DJI would ever try to force you to land.

I would think that if you're in a restricted zone of some kind, the drone would simply not take off, and the RC would advise you of why. If you're in flight, and approaching such a zone, it would prevent you from flying into that zone. Is this the case?

Great question!
A lot of us would like to know if any of the geofencing implemented by DJI would ever try to force you to land.

I would think that if you're in a restricted zone of some kind, the drone would simply not take off, and the RC would advise you of why. If you're in flight, and approaching such a zone, it would prevent you from flying into that zone. Is this the case?

I did end up flying, but did not quite do it in a way to fully test it out. Here's what I did and what happened:

1. I put drone down in the Enhanced warning zone (orange) and tried to take off. Before I could take off, I had to put a checkmark in "I agree" for the warning and click OK. (No internet required). Then I could take off.
  2. I flew from the orange enhanced warning zone into the yellow regular warning zone. No new warnings appeared and my flight was not affected.
  3. Then I flew back into the orange enhanced warning zone. No new warnings appeared and my flight was not affected. I then landed manually.
So to summarize:

• Once you accept a warning, you can fly out of and back into that warning zone without it warning you again.
  • Once you accept a warning, you can fly into "lesser" warning zones without additional warnings.

What is still unknown:
  • What happens when you fly into a warning zone AFTER takeoff from outside a warning zone?
  • What hapoens when you fly into a greater warning zone after takeoff from a lesser warning zone?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143