DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Error Message: Gimbal Vibration Abnormal

MadDogDan

Reactions
I have had my Mavic for about 8 months and flown a lot with zero problems. I decided to fly today since the snow has melted and it was fairly clear outside. It was however 20* degrees out at ground level. Everything seemed normal until the Mavic actually took off. I immediately noticed a strange whirring sound and an error message showed up on my monitor. The message said: Gimbal Vibration Abnormal. I hovered it in very close (about two feet away) and I could see the gimbal bouncing up and down although the picture on the monitor seemed pretty steady. I checked the four little rubber straps in the corners of the gimbal housing and they were not torn or broken.

Do you think the cold weather had something to do with it? I did not sign up for DJI Refresh as I did not find about it for a few days "after" activation. I tried to get DJI Refresh but the system won't allow me to purchase.

Is there someone who does repairs on Mavics that I can send it to if I can't resolve the problem myself? If I have to pay to have it fixed I want my same unit back, not someone else's refurbished unit.

Any thoughts???

I repair Mavics every day.

Can you take some closeup pictures of your gimbal? Take pictures of both sides, and straight up from the bottom and front, and maybe theres something loose or out of place.

What I would do if I were in your shoes is to wait for a day above freezing, and see if the problem persists. At 20°, you could get a variety of errors that would not occur on a warmer day such as battery errors, gimbal errors, phone problems, etc.

I repair Mavics every day.

Can you take some closeup pictures of your gimbal? Take pictures of both sides, and straight up from the bottom and front, and maybe theres something loose or out of place.

What I would do if I were in your shoes is to wait for a day above freezing, and see if the problem persists. At 20°, you could get a variety of errors that would not occur on a warmer day such as battery errors, gimbal errors, phone problems, etc.

Sound advice. It was so cold that my fingers went numb after two minutes and I couldn’t feel the controls. It is supposed to be sunny and 45* degrees this Saturday so I will try again then. I am also using the new props made for the Platnum on my Pro but I have about 10 flights on these new props and didn’t have a problem before. I will also switch back to original Pro props for the next test

Try another set of props. It might just be the New low noise prop.[emoji16]

I am going to try the original props that came with the Pro when the temperature is above freezing. This Saturday it is going to be 45* degrees outside so I should have a better idea of what is going on.

I had it when I switched to Low Noise Props. DJI sent replacements. All good since.

I had the same problem right after I install the new low noise props. Received a warning on the app.Abnormal Vibration on Gimbal! I stood 2 ft away looking at the noise of the craft just above my head. and notice that the Gimbal was going up and down like I have never seen it before. But the craft was rock steady just the Gimbel was moving. I thought I had to recalibrate the Gimbal. But before doing so I replace them with another set of low noise props but carbon fiber this time. Funny that one had no problem at all but was not as quiet because it has no give or bend. Stock props were also fine. I heard somewhere if you run it hard for a while it will stop. Not going there! That Gimbal the most costly item on that craft. I believe you will be back as soon as you change them. high wind does not help. last thing. the new props are kind of stiff. don't allow them to swing out by themselves at first. bend and swing them out yourself until they loosen up a bit where they can do it on their own. I hope you get it all going. Happy flying.

Problem solved............swapped out the low noise props with originals and no more error messages. I guess one of the low noise became unbalanced causing the vibration.

Glad to hear it. Kind of knew that is was the props because it happened to me too. Funny thing is with 2 Mavics only one does it one does not. same updated SW.Well Happy flying.

If I may (and be kind this is my first post ever but not my first flight) add my two cents , the bouncing is because of a flapping blade. I purchased some cheap Platinum blades for my MP and they are so loose in the hubs that I noticed the same event and immediately changed back to stock props. I then contacted the supplier and warned them of the possibility of someone's Mavic falling out of the sky due to parting props.

Hello ! I have same problem and i Switch Props to new and the shacking was gone !
any off the four props was unballance !

orginal l props then

Now its working Perfekt !

Last edited:
Hi all, I recently had the same issue, I tried everything including changing the props back to low noise. it would work for a few flights and then off and on with the gimble vibration. I have a more than one drone so it was easy to send it to DJI and not miss it. If you have done all the recommended fixes and the problem persists, I recommend sending it in for repairs. Mine took 8 days from the time I shipped it until I got it back. when it came back it was a brand new unit. I put the low noise props back on and no problems with vibration at all after 6 20 min flights. Despite what most say about DJI customer support I have never had a problem the magic is my 5th DJI Uav

Last edited:
Hi all, I recently had the same issue, I tried everything including changing the props back to low noise. it would work for a few flights and then off and on with the gimble vibration. I have a more than one drone so it was easy to send it to DJI and not miss it. If you have done all the recommended fixes and the problem persists, I recommend sending it in for repairs. Mine took 8 days from the time I shipped it until I got it back. when it came back it was a brand new unit. I put the low noise props back on and no problems with vibration at all after 6 20 min flights. Despite what most say about DJI customer support I have never had a problem the magic is my 5th DJI Uav

Just curious what DJI charges you for the repair? Can you share that info with me, I may be facing the same (having to send mine off)

Hello All ...

I was experiencing the same problem (Gimbal Vibration), read many of the posts above (good stuff) did some investigation and found that one of my props had shed one of the three tabs on the bottom that plug into the motor socket. Aha! Replaced the prop, should be good to go. NOT!!! Still had a flutter in the gimbal. I took a closer look at the gimbal itself and found the two front tabs (I'll call them) on the gimbal frame were outside of the Mavic chassis. My drone had recently fallen about 15 feet from an elevated drone landing pad into a clump of brush. No big deal, but apparently it sustained enough G-forces on impact to dislodge the gimbal partially from the chassis.

Once I carefully maneuvered the gimbal back into it's fully seated and correctly aligned position, the vibration problem went away.

Moral of the Story: Gimbal vibration errors can be caused by a number of issues, including broken or out-of-balance props, or the gimbal mechanism itself being damaged or out of alignment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229