DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Esc #3

Tshred57

Reactions
Hey folks, could someone please tell me which motor is ESC number three?
Backyard crash. It’s the low altitudes that get you.

Great, thanks so much. Crashed this morning, flew again and it was fine (cracked and replaced 3 props). So, I drove 30 miles or so to a great spot, put the landing extensions on and got the ESC 3 error. So I came home, tried it out with no extensions, and it flies fine with no ESC error. I have my Mavic skinned... I wonder if the back clamp-on type extension did something. All 4 motors were hot to the touch after flying here at home though. I hope that's not a bad sign. It flew fine.

Could you recommend a fairly inexpensive one? All I have is a meat thermometer (maybe might work...).

Yeah it might work, but you need to find a hole in the Mavic to stick the probe in to. Kidding.

Here's one on Amazon Prime and they dont get much cheaper than this with a backlit LCD display. It is a non contact gun with laser pointer so you can see exactly what you are pointing at. Just remember that if it's going to sit for a month or more, take the battery out so it doesnt leak:

http://a.co/4SOdrcN

Temp gauge.jpg

Well, if I keep flying like I did today I'll have plenty of room for a meat thermometer[emoji51].
That looks like a great gadget to have. I'll order one tomorrow. Thanks so much for your knowledge!

It may be worth doing some research on "temp gauges". Pretty much anything that measures temperature may be referred to as a gauge. The one pictured is an infrared thermometer and these can be a little tricky to understand and use. For example, the emissivity* of the object being measured needs to be programmed into the thermometer for an accurate reading and in order to do that the emissivity must be known. In my experience, which I admit is limited, I have found myself guessing at the emissivity of objects. Although charts are available they may not include the material being measured or determining the kind of material may not be so easy or apparent. HTH.

*Emissivity - Wikipediahttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emissivity

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98