DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ESC Error

narf_44

Reactions
I recently got an ESC error. I have updated everything to the latest firmware and deleted the app and reinstalled and still have it. The drone was not wrecked or dropped ever. Maybe one of my motors has gone bad. I've owned it for a year and a half and have flown it probably 40-50 times.

If it is a bad motor, how can I determine which motor it is so I can replace the arm with a new motor?

yes it was working perfect on one flight, put it away and didn't use it for about 2 months, and the next time I went to use it it said ESC error and that I needed to update it as well.

So, you got the ESC message before you updated it. You updated it, the update went ok, and still got the ESC error message?

Im thinking it's something mechanical. Are all the motors spinning freely?

I recently got an ESC error. I have updated everything to the latest firmware and deleted the app and reinstalled and still have it. The drone was not wrecked or dropped ever. Maybe one of my motors has gone bad. I've owned it for a year and a half and have flown it probably 40-50 times.

If it is a bad motor, how can I determine which motor it is so I can replace the arm with a new motor?
Is your unit under warranty or refresh? If it is, I wouldnt try to repair it yourself unless you are okay voiding the warranty.
Recommended Service Centers - DJI
If you wish to keep your warranty, use anyone that link directs you to. Any other repair centers are unauthorized and will void your warranty. Good luck getting it fixed

Is your unit under warranty or refresh? If it is, I wouldnt try to repair it yourself unless you are okay voiding the warranty.
Recommended Service Centers - DJI
If you wish to keep your warranty, use anyone that link directs you to. Any other repair centers are unauthorized and will void your warranty. Good luck getting it fixed
I think you need to read the OPs post again. He has had it for year and a 1/2. Do you even know what the warranty on a Mavic is?

Last edited:
Reactions: Thwyllo
No warranty anymore. Yes, the update went fine. I had the error message before I did the update and it was still there after the update.

okay, I have figured out which motor is not starting. It is the front right looking at it from the rear. Once I turn the drone on, all the other motors turn on and twitch, but it doesn't. I have upgraded to the newest firmware and downgraded it but the error remains. What should I do to fix it? replace just the motor or arm, or just send it in?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder