DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Every Day is a School Day for MavicJer

MavicJer

Reactions
Still trying all I can to Legally & Safely fly at our Grid 50 ft. Drone Height Limit at our Casa de Aero RC Field shared with Embry Riddle University Prescott, AZ, WITH NO JOY!
Just found out why. I get the Earnest Love Field Authorization Code, etc. at our Field, but just found out that DJI Fly App for the Mavic Air 2 is still restricted by DJI Software Safety Locks. DJI has approved Unlocking capabilities for many of the other of their Drones, but not for the MA2.
That's probably why in that Zone, NO JOY AT UNLOCKING TO FLY EVEN UP TO 50 FT. NO PROP STARTUP OR ANYTHING!
I get the approval to fly thru AirMap, FAA, LAANC, PRC, but not able to imput the sent approval Code into the DJI Fly APP.

OH Well at this time. Hope DJI will correct this for us Legal, Safe AMA Model Pilots in the near future!!!
If anyone has any comments or information on this Post, I sure would appreciate it. It sure is good having a Site like Mavic Pilots to help us Newbies!

Still trying all I can to Legally & Safely fly at our Grid 50 ft. Drone Height Limit at our Casa de Aero RC Field shared with Embry Riddle University Prescott, AZ, WITH NO JOY!
Just found out why. I get the Earnest Love Field Authorization Code, etc. at our Field, but just found out that DJI Fly App for the Mavic Air 2 is still restricted by DJI Software Safety Locks. DJI has approved Unlocking capabilities for many of the other of their Drones, but not for the MA2.
That's probably why in that Zone, NO JOY AT UNLOCKING TO FLY EVEN UP TO 50 FT. NO PROP STARTUP OR ANYTHING!
I get the approval to fly thru AirMap, FAA, LAANC, PRC, but not able to imput the sent approval Code into the DJI Fly APP.

OH Well at this time. Hope DJI will correct this for us Legal, Safe AMA Model Pilots in the near future!!!
If anyone has any comments or information on this Post, I sure would appreciate it. It sure is good having a Site like Mavic Pilots to help us Newbies!

You should be able to "self unlock" in DJI Fly after trying to start the motors at that location. (after getting the LAANC authorization).

20200702_135715.jpg

Reactions: PhantomFandom
It would be better to continue the existing topic that posted previously rather than opening a new thread like this.

Reactions: iaincaradoc
I know this is a second thread by my mistake, but my origional one was Terminated. Thank all for helping me learn how to deal with this NEW TECHNOLOGY & SAFTEY LOCKS ON DJI DRONES.
I finally received information from DJI and have succeeded in Unlocking my MA2 for our CDA/ERAU RC Field by going to dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock site, filling out their form, going to dji geo maps, and choosing my site, area to fly, altitude & up to one year start & finish dates. Sent that into DJI & received the Unlocking License, if it met the Controlled Area/Airports requirements. Went to the Field, and all worked normal in the Blue or Grey Areas.
Happy now with this new Requirement for Saftey to Aircraft that fly close by.
Thank all again. Hope this helps others fly Safely for Recreation & Commercial.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian