DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EVO Lite+ $999 at Costco - How does this compare to the Mini 3 Pro?

Is it new? What is the price on other websites? I guess a DJI mini 3 would be cheaper. Just have to compare I guess. I still recommend a Mavic 3.

I've never flown Autel, but just looking at the packages the price is comparable to a Mini 3 Pro bundle with some caveats and variances that make comparing a bit of work

(assuming the standard controllers for both drones)

* looks like you get a 4th battery and an ND filter set with the Autel. And the specs on a standard Autel battery say 40 minutes of flight time compared to 34 minutes for the standard battery and 47 minutes for the

* huge difference in weight. The Mini 3 is a sub 250g drone with a standard battery. The Autel weight is 835 grams which is pretty close to the takeoff weight of a Mavic 3. I have to assume, considering the Mini 3 is the quietest DJI drone, that there is a significant difference in the noise generated by each drone

* the obstacle avoidance sensors cover the same directions. no difference there

* the Autel camera has a 1 inch CMOS sensor. The Mini 3 has a 1/1.3 sensor. That's not a huge difference but it does seem to be a definite advantage for the Autel

honestly, the biggest difference is in takeoff weight. The Mini 3 stays under that 250g threshold. The Autel is nearly 2 pounds. And I'd bet it's a much louder drone. Be much easier to be unobtrusive with the Mini 3

the size of the sensor is a definite advantage for the Autel

Reactions: 66427cobra
Moldorf (#4 post above)
The difference between a 1/1.3 camera and a 1 inch sensor is Huge.
Example, the original Mavic has a 1/1.3 sensor, the Mavic 2 Pro has a 1 inch sensor.
But only a side by side comparison of the same photo can judge the quality of the camera,lens,sensor, etc.

Moldorf (#4 post above)
The difference between a 1/1.3 camera and a 1 inch sensor is Huge.
Example, the original Mavic has a 1/1.3 sensor, the Mavic 2 Pro has a 1 inch sensor.
But only a side by side comparison of the same photo can judge the quality of the camera,lens,sensor, etc.
I'll take your word for it

I sure noticed a difference jumping from 1/1.3 of the Mini 3 to the 4/3 of the Mavic 3

Check out the Autel Pilots forum. I was seriously considering autel but was put off by a lot of the issues I found in the forum regarding some of the models. Also, autel support became virtually non existent.

I'd rather pay $300 more for the Air2S FMC

Reactions: RUFFSTUFF
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird