DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 Pro bundle at Costco - $699

Edited... As Gilda Radner on Weekend Update in the '70s and '80s on Saturday Night Live when she took on the persona of Roseanne Roseannadanna, "Never mind…" my reference was for the lesser model, not the Mini 3 Pro

Not to take anything away from the previous posting for the other Mini 3 Pro, but Costco also offers a less expensive set for under $430. It only has one battery and the MicoSD card is only 64 GB, but it does offer a set of ND Filters…

If you are willing piecemeal your package, you can pick up two more batteries from eBay DJI for $60 each for a total of $120 and the DJI Charger can be had from the same source for about $40.

So the missing items, the two extra batteries and a charger cost about $160 and the Costco package is $430, so the piecemeal package would run $590 verses $699, over a $100 savings…

And that $100 would buy a lot of 128GB microSD cards…

By the way, I bought my Mini 2 from Costco about 2-years ago and I could not be happier… My original Mimi 2 had camera issues (Green Horizontal Bars) and Costco took it back without question and I replaced it immediately. Costco does not do exchanges, you return the item and if you still what one, you go buy another (if it's still in stock…).

Last edited:
Not to take anything away from the previous posting for the other Mini 3 Pro, but Costco also offers a less expensive set for under $430. It only has one battery and the MicoSD card is only 64 GB, but it does offer a set of ND Filters…

If you are willing piecemeal your package, you can pick up two more batteries from eBay DJI for $60 each for a total of $120 and the DJI Charger can be had from the same source for about $40.

So the missing items, the two extra batteries and a charger cost about $160 and the Costco package is $430, so the piecemeal package would run $590 verses $699, over a $100 savings…

And that $100 would buy a lot of 128GB microSD cards…

By the way, I bought my Mini 2 from Costco about 2-years ago and I could not be happier… My original Mimi 2 had camera issues (Green Horizontal Bars) and Costco took it back without question and I replaced it immediately. Costco does not do exchanges, you return the item and if you still what one, you go buy another (if it's still in stock…).

Mini 3 Pro vs Mini 3

Reactions: LoudThunder
Mini 3 Pro is a good piece of kit. Support for the DJI SDK was added to it recently too, which opens up a lot of possibilities. It's also pretty compact and much easier to carry for things like hiking than my old Mavic 2 Zoom.

The Mini 3 Pro is compatible with our OpenAthena app, we're updating our camera database to improve accuracy with it soon:

Not sure if the base Mini 3 is compatible though. For some reason, the Mini 2 for example doesn't store much sensor data in its images. This limits the ability to use it for stuff like search and rescue or photogrammetry/mapping

Reactions: LoudThunder
Mini 3 Pro is a good piece of kit. Support for the DJI SDK was added to it recently too, which opens up a lot of possibilities. It's also pretty compact and much easier to carry for things like hiking than my old Mavic 2 Zoom.

The Mini 3 Pro is compatible with our OpenAthena app, we're updating our camera database to improve accuracy with it soon:

Not sure if the base Mini 3 is compatible though. For some reason, the Mini 2 for example doesn't store much sensor data in its images. This limits the ability to use it for stuff like search and rescue or photogrammetry/mapping
That's an interesting app. I have no practical use case but could imagine on a boat using a drone to pick out a spot to anchor. Many times, in calm weather you can see through the water surface to the bottom and get more detail than a chart shows. Or picking a location to camp or picnic while hiking.

Demo of OpenAthena:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne