DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Evolite Booster Kit Different Antennas?

Swale

Reactions
Hi All,

First time posting here, recently been playing around with my mavic pro platinum trying to achieve greater distance and penetration, I live in a are where theres alot of obstruction trees houses etc.

Decided to try this firstly ... 16DBi Transimitter Booster Antenna for DJI Mavic Pro Remote Control Modified Signal Extender High Gain 2.4G 5.8G Dual-band Frequency Circular Polarization Universal for DJI Spark Accessories https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07999LWJJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zzLgBbJ4QBPVR

...and was very impressed, it was a great improvement over stock probably almost doubled my range and allowed me to get lower penetrating obstructions significantly better than stock....however got the range bug and wondered just how much better an amplified system could be :) .... so done some research and went with the evolite kit for the mavic as it looked the most compact weight balanced and most easily removable system.
EvoLite Kit Plus (Mavic Pro Edition)

Once again very impressed definitely alot more range, however didnt feel penetration at range was massively better compared to un amplified cp antenna (will test more) guess I was expecting a simlar improvement again?

So this got me thinking Im guessing the nanosync is a linear polarised patch antenna and the other one obviously a circular polarised directional antenna, my thinking was potentially at the expense of range could I not use the circular on the evolite amp system, as isn’t circular better for penetration? I noticed there website says not compatible with other antennas but cant really understand why not of the appropriate connectors are used, its just two amps and a powerpack right and what about stndard circular antennas for when your flying around yourself and dont want directional ?

Will it hurt my amps if I try this .... if not is there any other antennas out there that might work for better penetration.... or is my system simply as good as can be expected in its current form?

I know you have already boughten one, but I know definitely I had the same questions before I came upon this set up I have for my mavic pro platinum from covertdrones.com I use the box which I can use either whip 360 antennas and they are amplified by an internal battery with 4 watt amps or you can. use the directional flat panel antennas amplified! I use the ones that t lock on to the remote if im traveling the big box is quite heavy to lug around on to an airplane and its just a smaller version they both use the same amps inside! and you can use whip antennas which is 360 good penetration for the flat panel amplified directional antenna which is good for really really far distance I can go so far its insane and I live in a highly congested neighborhood where it affected my video feed really bad even after 2 blocks. Now with the boosted antennas I can go further then my battery would ever allow me to. covertdrones.com is where I got everything its definitely more expensive but you definitely get what you pay for good luck in getting what you need!

Attachments

• IMG_0535.JPG
    IMG_0535.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0367.JPG
    IMG_0367.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1682 2.JPG
    IMG_1682 2.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2261.JPG
    IMG_2261.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
I know you have already boughten one, but I know definitely I had the same questions before I came upon this set up I have for my mavic pro platinum from covertdrones.com I use the box which I can use either whip 360 antennas and they are amplified by an internal battery with 4 watt amps or you can. use the directional flat panel antennas amplified! I use the ones that t lock on to the remote if im traveling the big box is quite heavy to lug around on to an airplane and its just a smaller version they both use the same amps inside! and you can use whip antennas which is 360 good penetration for the flat panel amplified directional antenna which is good for really really far distance I can go so far its insane and I live in a highly congested neighborhood where it affected my video feed really bad even after 2 blocks. Now with the boosted antennas I can go further then my battery would ever allow me to. covertdrones.com is where I got everything its definitely more expensive but you definitely get what you pay for good luck in getting what you need!
Lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3