DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Examples of Simple Drone Skin Designs?

Garritynet

Reactions
Looking at drone skins while I wait for my Pro 2 to be delivered and I notice they are almost all sorta silly/fun stuff like skulls, teddy bears or fake carbon fiber. There's nothing wrong with that but I was hoping for something simpler, more like what you might find on a small jet or plane. Just a couple of stripes with the Faa number incorporated into it or whatever.

Guess I'm going to have to design my own but in the meantime I was wondering if any of y'all had examples of simple or professional looking drone skin designs.

I know it’s ugly, but I want to use my Mav Pro 2 for survey work as soon as I take the 107 test. So I wanted something bright to make mine easier to find in brush and trees (white, orange or yellow). But day and especially night searching for it with a flashlight will be much easier with these reflective survey decals. I put them on every side, top and bottom:

76729432-0877-4033-AE2B-6CFBA5D454BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: superdave5050
I know it’s ugly, but I want to use my Mav Pro 2 for survey work as soon as I take the 107 test. So I wanted something bright to make mine easier to find in brush and trees (white, orange or yellow). But day and especially night searching for it with a flashlight will be much easier with these reflective survey decals. I put them on every side, top and bottom:

View attachment 48875

I don't think it's ugly. If anything this makes your drone look like a tool instead of a toy which is sort of what I was going for myself. I'm less interested in having say, an angry looking skull and decals that say "THE DESTROYER" than a utilitarian look that says this is a serious piece of equipment that is probably operated by a professional so you should probably pay him what he is asking if you're a client or leave him alone if you're not.

I had this in mind for relectivity but I planned to put two rings around each arm near the propeller and I would find somewhere on the top and bottom to put a one or two inch strip. I plan for my Drone to be mostly white so I think it would blend in well.

https://www.amazon.com/High-Intensi...=1538703518&sr=1-15&keywords=Conspicuity+Tape

I don't expect to fly at night but I do think that if I'm flying later in the day I would be worried about losing the sun unintentionally and for that I was considering purchasing this. Its the led mounts and obviously I would get the lights too. I was thinking two red strobes and mounts for each of the front arms so if I ever crash the strobes it would be easier to locate and if I lose track of time and end up flying home in the dark I can always just rotate my drone until I see the red lights flashing in the distance and then I'll know its pointed at me and I can guide it back that way. Really I just need one for that but it just feels more symmetrical with two.

DJI Mavic 2 STROBON Cree Light Mounts - Phantom Help

Reactions: AMann
I don't think it's ugly. If anything this makes your drone look like a tool instead of a toy which is sort of what I was going for myself. I'm less interested in having say, an angry looking skull and decals that say "THE DESTROYER" than a utilitarian look that says this is a serious piece of equipment that is probably operated by a professional so you should probably pay him what he is asking if you're a client or leave him alone if you're not.

I had this in mind for relectivity but I planned to put two rings around each arm near the propeller and I would find somewhere on the top and bottom to put a one or two inch strip. I plan for my Drone to be mostly white so I think it would blend in well.

https://www.amazon.com/High-Intensi...=1538703518&sr=1-15&keywords=Conspicuity+Tape

I don't expect to fly at night but I do think that if I'm flying later in the day I would be worried about losing the sun unintentionally and for that I was considering purchasing this. Its the led mounts and obviously I would get the lights too. I was thinking two red strobes and mounts for each of the front arms so if I ever crash the strobes it would be easier to locate and if I lose track of time and end up flying home in the dark I can always just rotate my drone until I see the red lights flashing in the distance and then I'll know its pointed at me and I can guide it back that way. Really I just need one for that but it just feels more symmetrical with two.

DJI Mavic 2 STROBON Cree Light Mounts - Phantom Help

I like the white tape, its bright!

Red and green nav lights would be nice, wish they did that on them. Its easy to remember how they go on the airship - you ask a waiter for a bottle of zin, and he says “we only have Red Port Left”. And standing there on a dock watching an approaching boat, the red lights will be “Red Right Return”.

With red and green you will know what direction it is facing towards you from front or back, and from which side.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman