DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Experience random disconnects?

acegard

Reactions
I just picked up a brand new Pro and flew through 3 batteries this morning at a local park. Absolute joy, no problems at all!

This evening, after class and after all batteries recharged, I took it to another park and started to fly again, and this time I experienced some odd disconnects mid-flight that I didn't encounter on my first flight tests at all.

Randomly it would state on the app, "no signal" while still retaining control with the MPro controller. Other times, the controller would drop out altogether stating "Aircraft Disconnected" on Go4 and "Connecting..." on the controller. In these cases the aircraft would return safely to home and most of the time would reconnect before autolanding. Sometimes the connection seemed to flit in and out, with connection to the app, as well as controller-aircraft, rapidly going in and out.

My controller was in 5.8GHz mode and connected to my Galaxy S8+ using the included micro USB-USB C cable.

What could be causing these issues?

I was rewatching the flight logs and on one of them where I experienced disconnects, I saw one warning I have never seen before and must have missed: "Strong Interference detected. Fly with caution." Could this indicate radio interference causing disconnects, perhaps caused by WiFi networks from apartments near the park?

I just picked up a brand new Pro and flew through 3 batteries this morning at a local park. Absolute joy, no problems at all!

This evening, after class and after all batteries recharged, I took it to another park and started to fly again, and this time I experienced some odd disconnects mid-flight that I didn't encounter on my first flight tests at all.

Randomly it would state on the app, "no signal" while still retaining control with the MPro controller. Other times, the controller would drop out altogether stating "Aircraft Disconnected" on Go4 and "Connecting..." on the controller. In these cases the aircraft would return safely to home and most of the time would reconnect before autolanding. Sometimes the connection seemed to flit in and out, with connection to the app, as well as controller-aircraft, rapidly going in and out.

My controller was in 5.8GHz mode and connected to my Galaxy S8+ using the included micro USB-USB C cable.

What could be causing these issues?
One thing that commonly causes the app to disconnect even when the controller stays connected is the USB cable DJI sends that plugs into the side of the controller. Many people have had problems with this not working correctly and most resolve the issue by switching to using a regular phone cable plugged into the bottom port of the controller.
How far out were you when you experienced the controller to AC disconnects? What was the terrain like, lots of trees/buildings or open field? I'm afraid I can't help as far as the interference warning although I imagine it could cause a problem. Hope this helps. -CF

One thing that commonly causes the app to disconnect even when the controller stays connected is the USB cable DJI sends that plugs into the side of the controller. Many people have had problems with this not working correctly and most resolve the issue by switching to using a regular phone cable plugged into the bottom port of the controller.
How far out were you when you experienced the controller to AC disconnects? What was the terrain like, lots of trees/buildings or open field? I'm afraid I can't help as far as the interference warning although I imagine it could cause a problem. Hope this helps. -CF
Re the plugs, I found I had the tiniest piece of hay From my shirt pocket(being a Country Man) Had lodged to the bottom of my phone connection. With the aid of a fine needle and a magnifying glass I was able to remove it. Fixed!

Re the plugs, I found I had the tiniest piece of hay From my shirt pocket(being a Country Man) Had lodged to the bottom of my phone connection. With the aid of a fine needle and a magnifying glass I was able to remove it. Fixed!
Awesome! Glad it was an easy fix. Have fun out there! -CF

That brings up a good point. If you carry your phones in a pocket. The charge connectors will collect lint. The lightning connector in the iPhone the lint builds up in the bottom of the charge jack eventually keeping the connector from seating completely. You can’t really even see it in there. Use a non metallic thing like a tooth pick and scalp out the bottom of the connector, you might be surprised what comes out of it ! I am sure this happens on the android connrctors as well. People, take a moment to check your holes! :d

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1