DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Experience using VR goggles as external monitor for Smart Controller

It would almost entirely depend on the quality and resolution, as well as your previous exp w/ how other VR type goggles fit your face, allign with your eyes, if you had issues, etc.

Youll get a mirror image of the Smart Ctrlr screen on whatever your run it to.

As an owner of the Goggles RE, that has had severe range issues, but now is feeling better that Im getting better range of 1-2mi in med wifi heavy/residential areas (as long as Pagoda antenna is attached, Important!!!)

I can say that you wont likely find a set of VR Goggles that has a better overall image quality/size, than the DJI Goggles... This is coming from a guy who is really pissed at DJI for how they are as a company and how they make a killing on the American market, esp w/ all of our county and large metro Public Safety Depts buying M2Enterprise Duals & Matrice 210 w/ Therm but then still pass all the import expenses right on down to their customers. Their just not a company I want to support anymore, even though their gear is mostly great. Sorry for the rant. The RE/M2 issue has been steaming for awhile! So much so that Ill be going with Skydio or Autel next upgrade.

Back to your question, HDMI use from a Smart Controller to the DJI Goggles is possible and works fine, as long as they are not wirelessly linked.

Im not very familiar with VR Goggles, nor am I a tech heavy person, but I do have a pair of Epson Moverio BT30E (just like BT300, only no android, just HDMI IN. the Japanese only version) and as far as picture size and image quality, The DJI Goggles blow them away, but on the flip side, they are huge, and impossible to travel far with.

One last thing, and I may be wrong on this, but I believe finding a VR headset that accepts HDMI input isnt a common thing, but like I said, Im not too familiar in that arena anymore

Hope this helps somewhat. Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: m2zAL
DJI Goggles RE have been perfect for me. Not into range flights - that said, I’ve not experienced any issues via RF or via HDMI after unlinked from RF.

bulky, yes. But all forgotten once on and enjoying theHD view provided by these. As for portability, I purchased the shoulder sling bag and find it quite transportable without an issue when on the go with my Mavic2 zoom and pro. HDMIwith Smart Controller ease of selection between moth M2 birds is a breeze.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treknotika