DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Experience with repair through DroneNerds

HumbearKS

Reactions
Wanted to get some feedback from someone that has gotten repair done through DroneNerds here in the US. Just noticed that the right front leg of my MM has a crack at the top, about an inch below the prop. There was definitely no crash involved. At this point, I am not really sure how this happened. I did not get the refresh option from DJI. The MM was originally purchased though Florida Drone Supply. Any suggestion on how to get the repair done.? Would this possibly still be under warranty? I reached out to DroneNerds since I have good experience with them but not sure about the repair process and wanted to get other thoughts first. Thanks!

Wanted to get some feedback from someone that has gotten repair done through DroneNerds here in the US. Just noticed that the right front leg of my MM has a crack at the top, about an inch below the prop. There was definitely no crash involved. At this point, I am not really sure how this happened. I did not get the refresh option from DJI. The MM was originally purchased though Florida Drone Supply. Any suggestion on how to get the repair done.? Would this possibly still be under warranty? I reached out to DroneNerds since I have good experience with them but not sure about the repair process and wanted to get other thoughts first. Thanks!
It didn’t crack by itself. Must be more to the story ...

It didn’t crack by itself. Must be more to the story ...

Easy there.... it could be a factory defect or something like that. No need to go pointing fingers etc.

You might benefit from contact @djidroneservice and get a FREE evaluation. They are a vendor here on the forum and who have done my repairs recently (With GREAT satisfaction from me).

True ,sorry. .
sure send it in for a free quote (guestimating about $100 w/ labor)

Also all the minis we get for repair are crashed and the front arms are the first thing to go.The cracks are usually closer to the pivot were there's very little plastic. In your case doesn't look like it effects the flight and you can prob get away w/ taping it or something. However if it bothers you that much you will have to pay out of pocket as i don't see dji replacing impact damage under warranty but you can try if you'd like

Hope this helps

Easy there.... it could be a factory defect or something like that. No need to go pointing fingers etc.

You might benefit from contact @djidroneservice and get a FREE evaluation. They are a vendor here on the forum and who have done my repairs recently (With GREAT satisfaction from me).
Thanks, Big. I spoke with DroneNerds yesterday and decided to send in the MM for repair. They have the front leg there right now and I'll just get it done. Wanted to have the bird back before end of next week....

Reactions: DDS and BigAl07
I probably would have just crazy glued it if it were mine but I can appreciate wanting to get it fixed correctly. What does a repair like that end up costing?

Not yet. Its coming back on Tuesday. Overall I can say that I would probably not repeat the experience through Drone Nerds but rather try to go through DJI. To me, their rush service is to loosely defined. Says it will take them 2-3 days for the diagnosis but they don't indicate when the clock starts ticking. They received my drone on a Thursday afternoon and didn't contact me until the following Monday to let me know the diagnosis period would start then. I understand they are busy but when you pay extra for rush service there is a certain expectation there that they did not meet. Also, shipping the mini via Fedex ground from Florida was another $35 which I was able to accomplish with FedEx in half the time and for half the amount when I shipped the mini out to them. Like I said, they did a good job with every order I have had with them in the past but this repair experience wasnt really the best. Hope this helps anyone here...

Not yet. Its coming back on Tuesday. Overall I can say that I would probably not repeat the experience through Drone Nerds but rather try to go through DJI. To me, their rush service is to loosely defined. Says it will take them 2-3 days for the diagnosis but they don't indicate when the clock starts ticking. They received my drone on a Thursday afternoon and didn't contact me until the following Monday to let me know the diagnosis period would start then. I understand they are busy but when you pay extra for rush service there is a certain expectation there that they did not meet. Also, shipping the mini via Fedex ground from Florida was another $35 which I was able to accomplish with FedEx in half the time and for half the amount when I shipped the mini out to them. Like I said, they did a good job with every order I have had with them in the past but this repair experience wasnt really the best. Hope this helps anyone here...
I bought a refurbished Mavic 2 Pro through Drone Nerds. So far not a good experience at all. The first one looked brand new but turned out to be defective. I got an RMA and shipped it back, they received it on a Friday morning and waited until Monday to ship the replacement. I received the replacement on Friday. The replacement had a gimbal overload error so back to Drone Nerds it went. They received it yesterday but have yet to ship a replacement as they are trying to replicate the problem which they haven't been successful doing as it is intermittent. I sent them a screen shot of one of the flights on Airdata showing the overload error but apparently that isn't enough. They are supposed to contact me on Monday but I don't know what they can do since they are out of stock on Refurb Mavic 2 Pro's. I'm not happy......

I bought a refurbished Mavic 2 Pro through Drone Nerds. So far not a good experience at all. The first one looked brand new but turned out to be defective. I got an RMA and shipped it back, they received it on a Friday morning and waited until Monday to ship the replacement. I received the replacement on Friday. The replacement had a gimbal overload error so back to Drone Nerds it went. They received it yesterday but have yet to ship a replacement as they are trying to replicate the problem which they haven't been successful doing as it is intermittent. I sent them a screen shot of one of the flights on Airdata showing the overload error but apparently that isn't enough. They are supposed to contact me on Monday but I don't know what they can do since they are out of stock on Refurb Mavic 2 Pro's. I'm not happy......

Too bad, lets hope that they solve the issue or send you a new one.

What other certified options do you guys have besides DJI themselves, Drone nerds and Dji Drone service?

I use Anita at fixacrash.com. She is an independent repair facility in the San Francisco Bay area. Her work Sim chip is very high quality and she is very fair in her pricing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead