DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Exploring Mt. Baker and the Cascades

xjjon

Reactions

Footage taking over a couple days in the Mt. Baker National Forest and around the area. Primarily do photos but since I bought the M2P I have been playing around with video as well.

This is pretty much my first video edit so would greatly appreciate any feedback and comments on how to improve the videos (and make them more exciting). Cheers!

DSC09000-Edit.JPG
Mt. Baker hiding among clouds and fall colors

DSC01733.JPG
Mt. Baker shows herself for sunrise

DSC01740.JPG
Warming up Mt. Shuksan with beautiful rays of morning light

Just a reminder to all: Although its lawful to fly over a wilderness area from outside it’s boundary (check sectionals for minimum height AGL first), please respect the rules regarding bringing a drone into and taking off and landing from within a wilderness area boundary.

140D3165-C30A-4555-BDC6-576D89337D14.jpeg

Last edited:
Just a reminder to all: Although its lawful to fly over a wilderness area from outside it’s boundary (check sectionals for minimum height AGL first), please respect the rules regarding bringing a drone into and taking off and landing from within a wilderness area boundary.

View attachment 82421

Good call out. The videos are shot north of Baker from the National Forest. One of the best places to legally fly near Seattle :)

Incredibly beautiful area well portrayed without resorting to a long video.

Thank you! I tried to keep it short and cut a lot of the clips to make them more bite sized. I think the first two segments may be a bit long, will try to trim them better in the future.

Basically want to showcase the area without subjecting viewers to watch 5-10 minutes of footage.

View attachment 82421
He is in national forrest. Not wilderness. unless something has changed in the last twenty years.

He is in national forrest. Not wilderness. unless something has changed in the last twenty years.

Thanks for replying to my post, but National Forest lands also include Wilderness Areas managed by the Forest Service such as the Mt. Baker Wilderness area that was established in 1984 that I posted above from the sectional map - but I was not originally implying he was in a wilderness area, only pointing out that people who want to fly from inside it should be aware of the wilderness area and should respect the rules there.

But since it has been pointed it out, I believe it does appear that the flying was shot from above tree line, which if on the north side of Mt. Baker as OP noted above, would definitely put it inside the wilderness area boundaries within the Mt Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. It does not necessarily mean OP was standing in it though.

There are locations on the south side of the mountain where you are outside of the wilderness though, like Park Hill trail that does go by some very picturesque areas and some lakes and tarns. So there some great places one can fly there legally, just not so much on the North side if you want to get above treeline.

Again, as the law stands, you can currently fly over a wilderness area as long as you are standing outside of it, and as long as you don’t carry or land/take off your drone inside of it. This is quite easy to do in many areas as roads leading through or bordering a wilderness area where vehicles may drive are not part of it and the wilderness boundary can start right off the side of the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: PoonDog

? thanks, and to help clear things up the aerials above the tree line were taken from artist point (which is why there's such a clear line of sight to Mt. Shuksan. and the the other shots from Bagley Lake, and Table Mtn.

? thanks, and to help clear things up the aerials above the tree line were taken from artist point (which is why there's such a clear line of sight to Mt. Shuksan. and the the other shots from Bagley Lake, and Table Mtn.

Cool- looks good! The lakes are beautiful!

Reactions: xjjon
Excellent. And a reminder why we have drones. Appreciate that you kept it short & sweet, with variation. Viewers should always be left wanting just a bit more, which is what you have. Well done!

Very good. Video takes viewer into rarely seen parts of the earth. Music added to the mountains' majesty.

Super cool m8!!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sedmonds