DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Mt. Rainier: Forest Valleys, Frozen Waterfalls, Wildlife and Alpine Snow

IlluminationsfromtheAttic

Reactions
A sky filled with the warped and twisted clouds of a wild December day swirls ominously over the snow shrouded meadows of Mt. Rainier National Park. From crown, wreathed in fog, mighty Tahoma drips with frosted ice cascading over dark cliffs of volcanic stone. Far below in the rainforest valleys the quiet forest lies sleeping, and mighty waterfalls rumble as freezing water feeds their crystalline torrents plunging down into snow drifts and rocky streambeds.

First of all, I'd just like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, since I'm posting this on the 25th!
Secondly, I'd like to make it clear that all the aerial footage in this video was captured outside of the National Park boundary.

I also put together an extended waterfall only video:

The tumbling torrents that pour from the glaciated heights of Mt. Rainier plunge through secret tunnels in the snow only to burst out in joyful abandon to fall with fierce joy to the stones below. Here in the grand high country of the Pacific Northwest, in the mountain kingdom of Mt. Rainier National Park, reigning monarch of the Cascade Mountains, the waterfalls are the great organ from which springs a sonorous song played unending from time immemorial.

And while I'm here I might as well put together this compilation of wildlife footage that I've captured over the past few years in the park:

2020 was an unfortunately slow year for opportunities to capture aerial photos and videos, as I was unable to do much travelling. However, I'm hoping to see a lot more country and do a lot more flying in 2021!

2020 was an unfortunately slow year for opportunities to capture aerial photos and videos, as I was unable to do much travelling. However, I'm hoping to see a lot more country and do a lot more flying in 2021!
Hi, the first video was nicely done because you also had some ground-based shots. That makes the video much more interesting to watch! The waterfall video also has some very nice shots too!
The third video is my favourite! I enjoyed it very much to watch the different very well shot animals, the starting bird shots are outstanding, compliments ???
cheers and happy new year ??

Nice job @IlluminationsfromtheAttic

I like the non-drone shots mixed in. Keep things interesting. In fact I find most drone footage to be pretty boring for the most part.

BTW can you let us know the gear you used to film? Camera, lens etc. I'm always interested to see what others are doing in the way of camera gear! Thanks.

Reactions: GPD038
A sky filled with the warped and twisted clouds of a wild December day swirls ominously over the snow shrouded meadows of Mt. Rainier National Park. From crown, wreathed in fog, mighty Tahoma drips with frosted ice cascading over dark cliffs of volcanic stone. Far below in the rainforest valleys the quiet forest lies sleeping, and mighty waterfalls rumble as freezing water feeds their crystalline torrents plunging down into snow drifts and rocky streambeds.

First of all, I'd just like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, since I'm posting this on the 25th!
Secondly, I'd like to make it clear that all the aerial footage in this video was captured outside of the National Park boundary.

The tumbling torrents that pour from the glaciated heights of Mt. Rainier plunge through secret tunnels in the snow only to burst out in joyful abandon to fall with fierce joy to the stones below. Here in the grand high country of the Pacific Northwest, in the mountain kingdom of Mt. Rainier National Park, reigning monarch of the Cascade Mountains, the waterfalls are the great organ from which springs a sonorous song played unending from time immemorial.

And while I'm here I might as well put together this compilation of wildlife footage that I've captured over the past few years in the park:

Stunning footage... I hope to be as good as you someday!

Nice work and I wish I could fly there but like Yellowstone you are not allowed to fly within the park and if you have actual inside the park footage I would get it taken down.The park service has tracked down pilots and fined them heavily!

All three of these videos are beautifully filmed, flown, and edited. They combine aerial photography with nice timelapse sequences, ground shots, and a pleasing music track. Great work that we should all hope to emulate.

Dale
Miami

Hi, the first video was nicely done because you also had some ground-based shots. That makes the video much more interesting to watch! The waterfall video also has some very nice shots too!
The third video is my favourite! I enjoyed it very much to watch the different very well shot animals, the starting bird shots are outstanding, compliments ???
cheers and happy new year ??
Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed them! A Happy New Year to you as well!

Nice job @IlluminationsfromtheAttic

I like the non-drone shots mixed in. Keep things interesting. In fact I find most drone footage to be pretty boring for the most part.

BTW can you let us know the gear you used to film? Camera, lens etc. I'm always interested to see what others are doing in the way of camera gear! Thanks.
Thanks, I definitely find that a mix of footage from different perspectives better than purely aerial imagery.

I used a couple different cameras and several lenses to shoot these videos - primarily the Nikon Z6 with the Nikkor 70-200 f2.8 S, as well as the 14-24 2.8 S for the wide shots. For the wildlife footage I mainly used my Canon 80D with the Sigma 150-600 C and Canon 55-250 stm.

Nice work and I wish I could fly there but like Yellowstone you are not allowed to fly within the park and if you have actual inside the park footage I would get it taken down.The park service has tracked down pilots and fined them heavily!
Yeah, the total ban on drones in parks is a real bummer. I can definitely see the need for restrictions, but surely it wouldn't hurt to have designated locations where people could fly up to get aerial shots, or maybe they could just have one day a month, or even just once a year for drones. Alternatively they could have a reasonable permitting process for drone flights.

For now though, the only alternative is to scout good locations on the park borders - far from ideal, but you can at least get some nice establishing shots of the park border and vicinity.

All three of these videos are beautifully filmed, flown, and edited. They combine aerial photography with nice timelapse sequences, ground shots, and a pleasing music track. Great work that we should all hope to emulate.

Dale
Miami
Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123