DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Exploring Switzerland - Best Of 2018 / 2019

WOW! Looks like National Geographic. Who woulda thunk we could’ve done this five years ago without a helicopter or a plane. Amazing. ?

Reactions: Maik Kellerhals
Very cool footage, nicely done all round, thanks for sharing. Makes you wanna go out and shoot something ? Can I ask what drone was used and set up’s to capture such great images?

One word ... WOW. Thanks for sharing!
My wife and I are planning our 1st trip to Switzerland this coming Spring / Early summer, likely doing it via Swiss Rail (np car rental). I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and recently bought a Osmo Pocket, thinking I would not bring my drone to Switzerland (I am pretty much a newbie). How reasonable is it to expect a tourist newbie like myself to be able to fly a M2Z there? Feasible? Or should I just bring my Pocket and not stress too much about a drone as well. Thoughts?

Very cool footage, nicely done all round, thanks for sharing. Makes you wanna go out and shoot something ? Can I ask what drone was used and set up’s to capture such great images?
Thanks!
I used the DJI Mavic Air for the earlier stuff, but most of it was shot using the Mavic 2 Pro. It's great and I haven't used the Air since. The 10 Bit color alone is worth it, you have so much more room for adjusting colors. For Stills and "Ground"-Footage i use a GoPro Hero 6 and a DJI Osmo Pocket.

Reactions: Kelvin Crumplin
Thoughts?
Thank you! I'm glad you're visiting our beautiful (but expensive) country.

It really depends on what you want. You'll need some sort of insurance for the M2z as well because it's over 500g. I would ask myself if the drone is an important part of the journey. For me it would be.
Also check out this map (Swiss Geoportal) for restricted areas.

Make sure to come before July, because then we'll adapt the new EU Guidelines for drone pilots and it'll be a bit more restricted. We'll need no register our drones and take an online course.
I don't know how it's going to be handled for foreign pilots (I'm sure the people responsible don't know themselves yet...) I think it's best to inform yourself by asking one of our tourist information offices shortly before you come.

Bring the pocket for sure, It's the best handheld video camera I've used and the size makes it VERY handy. I only wish it had an optical zoom function, but that's for a future version I guess... I recommend getting one of these small usb power banks as well for recharging in the field.

Beautifully captured, artistically edited! I’d be more than proud to have taken this one! I’d bet the farm it isn’t you’re first attempt! ?

Thank you! I'm glad you're visiting our beautiful (but expensive) country.

It really depends on what you want. You'll need some sort of insurance for the M2z as well because it's over 500g. I would ask myself if the drone is an important part of the journey. For me it would be.
Also check out this map (Swiss Geoportal) for restricted areas.

Make sure to come before July, because then we'll adapt the new EU Guidelines for drone pilots and it'll be a bit more restricted. We'll need no register our drones and take an online course.
I don't know how it's going to be handled for foreign pilots (I'm sure the people responsible don't know themselves yet...) I think it's best to inform yourself by asking one of our tourist information offices shortly before you come.

Bring the pocket for sure, It's the best handheld video camera I've used and the size makes it VERY handy. I only wish it had an optical zoom function, but that's for a future version I guess... I recommend getting one of these small usb power banks as well for recharging in the field.

Thanks for the detailed response. Being a newbie with the drone, I do stress out when flying it, so this will detract from my enjoyment of your country. I think that now that I have the Osmo Pocket, I will leave the drone at home and not have to worry about Swiss regulations and insurance, etc. I understand I will not be able to capture the same types of footage that you have in this video, but trust me, I never would have been able to do that even with my drone. Yours is so professional. Thanks again!

We should all take note of the slow, steady and planned movements and careful exposure, even if we don't have such grand scenery this makes the video seem much more professional.
(I'm sure you discarded so much shakey stuff between the good bits!)

We should all take note of the slow, steady and planned movements and careful exposure, even if we don't have such grand scenery this makes the video seem much more professional.
(I'm sure you discarded so much shakey stuff between the good bits!)
Yes, for each 2-4 Minutes of final video I normally have 20 Minutes of usable material and 40 Minutes of Shakyness ;) That's why I try to fly each shot several times because you don't see every unclean move on the phone screen. Of course smaller shakes can be compensated with stabilisation in editing.

Reactions: Thomas B and 4wd
Yes, for each 2-4 Minutes of final video I normally have 20 Minutes of usable material and 40 Minutes of Shakyness ;) That's why I try to fly each shot several times because you don't see every unclean move on the phone screen. Of course smaller shakes can be compensated with stabilisation in editing.
Yes! Usually get a 6-8 min video from 3-5 hours flight time... but I’m a bit OC! ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS