DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

export waypoints file?

gebseng

Reactions
Hey everyone,

Now that the Mavic 3 FINALLY has waypoints, I'm thinking of getting one. Could someone share a waypoints file with me? It is probably found on the SD card (txt or csv format). I'd like to look at the format and try to import my own GPS data into it.

thanks,

geb

If anyone here knows if it can be done I wanna know! Yesterday I flew a 14 waypoint mission that I set manually and hosed it at the end. Went home and set the waypoints on my iPad. Flawless... But how to transfer to my iPhone... haven't figured it out yet. (Not talking litchi here). If there is a solution someone will share.

If anyone here knows if it can be done I wanna know! Yesterday I flew a 14 waypoint mission that I set manually and hosed it at the end. Went home and set the waypoints on my iPad. Flawless... But how to transfer to my iPhone... haven't figured it out yet. (Not talking litchi here). If there is a solution someone will share.
To the best of my knowledge it can not be done with the current FlyApp version. I stand to be corrected.

Waypoints are stored in Data folder same as flight logs you can export files I have not tranfered to different device might work here's a sample of waypoint folder. I have not had any luck using the KMZ files good luck.

Attachments

• waypoint.zip
    295.3 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: TessTickle
Waypoints are stored in Data folder same as flight logs you can export files I have not tranfered to different device might work here's a sample of waypoint folder. I have not had any luck using the KMZ files good luck.
KMZ files are zip files, you can unzip them.

I was able to use the waylines.wpml file inside with KML viewers on the web, at least you can see the waypoints on the map. But even looking at it in a text editor is telling you a lot about what information is stored, especially what is there additional to the coordinates itself.

KMZ files are zip files, you can unzip them.

I was able to use the waylines.wpml file inside with KML viewers on the web, at least you can see the waypoints on the map. But even looking at it in a text editor is telling you a lot about what information is stored, especially what is there additional to the coordinates itself.
Would you know if other DJI models produce the same KMZ files?

Also, how did you extract that file?

Sorry, let me rephrase. How did you extract it from the drone?
I used the file that @zAvi provided, just a few messages up. You actually liked that post. He also wrote that he had no luck using the KMZ files, so that's why I explained how you can get to the files inside so you can actually work with them.

Sorry, let me rephrase. How did you extract it from the drone?
DJI RC example: Flight Log and waypoints are stored on your device [Phone/Tablet or RC Controller] DJI RC\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\

Here's are the steps for viewing and transferring files from Device to SD.

Attachments

• DJI RC File Tranfer.pdf
    24.4 KB · Views: 53
I've peeked at the waypoints just to have a look at finding a way to plan flights other than from device. Using something like Google Earth would be good. I had no luck, On my Mac these files failed to open with any thing useful but my skill set in this area is limited and others might have better luck.

How about a Flight Planning App that would read, convert & write DJI waypoints. If only ?

I've peeked at the waypoints just to have a look at finding a way to plan flights other than from device. Using something like Google Earth would be good. I had no luck, On my Mac these files failed to open with any thing useful but my skill set in this area is limited and others might have better luck.

How about a Flight Planning App that would read, convert & write DJI waypoints. If only ?
If I would have only known that DJI come out with this waypoint update ... I left my home country without the Mavic 3 before it was published. Can't wait to be back and have a crack at that feature. Gonna be another month though.

And as I'm a software engineer I would love to look at ways to convert those files from and to different formats.

Is the waypoint data stored in a zip file just like you attached or did you zip up the data just to post it here? I'm writing some utilities around this and I need to know exactly how it is stored (or available) from the Mavic 3. I don't have a Mavic 3 so more details would help. Thanks.

Is the waypoint data stored in a zip file just like you attached or did you zip up the data just to post it here? I'm writing some utilities around this and I need to know exactly how it is stored (or available) from the Mavic 3. I don't have a Mavic 3 so more details would help. Thanks.
Just found this page today
I assume that this is associated with You as it contains a Pic of one of the WP I posted.

Mavic 3 Waypoint to Litchi - Convert a Mavic 3 waypoint mission into a Litchi waypoint mission

Mavic 3 Waypoint to Litchi - Great work will give a try when I get a chance.

Was hoping for CSV [litchi] to KML [M3] that way II could use Litchi Mission to create and convert to Mavic3 is there any chance this can be a option in the future.

Great work thanks

Last edited:
Converted a Original Mavic3 WP and imported it into Litchi Hub here are IMGs of Both Versions to show difference in flight path

Attachments

• 9C93523B-E002-4378-8732-0B016C3F82A3.jpg
    9C93523B-E002-4378-8732-0B016C3F82A3.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 9C93523B-E002-4378-8732-0B016C3F82A3.png
    9C93523B-E002-4378-8732-0B016C3F82A3.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
Was hoping for CSV [litchi] to KML [M3] that way II could use Litchi Mission to create and convert to Mavic3 is there any chance this can be a option in the future.
I have also written the core of a Litchi-To-Mavic 3 converter. However, before I release that I need to do a lot more testing. My preference would be to perfect the "Mavic 3-To-Litchi" converter first. I would like to see more example Mavic 3 mission files.

If you would like to provide more to help this effort, you may contact me directly. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi