DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

export waypoints file?

I have also written the core of a Litchi-To-Mavic 3 converter. However, before I release that I need to do a lot more testing. My preference would be to perfect the "Mavic 3-To-Litchi" converter first. I would like to see more example Mavic 3 mission files.

If you would like to provide more to help this effort, you may contact me directly. Thanks.
Happy to help the first Mission was very simple.

This Mission Ive included the following options Start & End Video / Speed Change / POI / Height Change / Zoom x3 with 10WP

Ive attached a New DJI KML and the resulting Litchi CSV

Attachments

• Original from DJI FLY iOS.zip
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • Converted to Litchi.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 2
Placement of WP file on a IOS Device
Previously I posted how to find WP on DJI RC controller [Android]
On a iOS Device. WP are saved in a Folder named wayline_mission

Connect your iOS Device: Go to Files open DJI Fly/wayline_mission
Once selected you can Air drop them to your Computer

hope that helps and Ive explained good enough

Cheers

If anyone here knows if it can be done I wanna know! Yesterday I flew a 14 waypoint mission that I set manually and hosed it at the end. Went home and set the waypoints on my iPad. Flawless... But how to transfer to my iPhone... haven't figured it out yet. (Not talking litchi here). If there is a solution someone will share.
Just got around to trying this
Transferring & Backing Up of Waypoints

iOS Transferring WP from one Device to another Example—> iPadMini <> iPhone
Connect device by cable … Location of WP: Files/DJI Fly/wayline_mission.
Transfer the complete wayline_mission [Folder] over write Orig …… Success

I then used AirDrop to transfer to other device & overwrite wayline_mission

This will might work with Droid except the folder to copy is named [waypoint]

Hi all, this is my first post on this site. Hopefully you experienced folk can help. I'm running a Mavic 3 and I often have to delete the DJI Fly app on my iPhone as it's the only way to free up storage space (the app often doesn't register the deletion of files when it comes to storage, and that seems to be the only thing that reliably works). But when I do that the waypoints data is lost. Can I use the techniques above to back up my waypoints mission, and then re-import it once I have re-installed the app? I'd rather not switch to Litchi but if that is the best solution, please let me know. Thanks.

Hi all, this is my first post on this site. Hopefully you experienced folk can help. I'm running a Mavic 3 and I often have to delete the DJI Fly app on my iPhone as it's the only way to free up storage space (the app often doesn't register the deletion of files when it comes to storage, and that seems to be the only thing that reliably works). But when I do that the waypoints data is lost. Can I use the techniques above to back up my waypoints mission, and then re-import it once I have re-installed the app? I'd rather not switch to Litchi but if that is the best solution, please let me know. Thanks.
YES Buckup waypoints and import back to device worked for me iOS probably works with Droid

You can use airdrop to backup and airdrop to reinstall

So I transferred the wayline_mission folder to the DJI Fly folder under Files in a new iPhone. But when I launch DJI Fly, it doesn't show any existing waypoints paths. What is needed to enable this?

I thought maybe I need to enable permissions under Files & Folders ... I tried this but DJI Fly is not prompting to grant permissions and you can't add an app manually.

So I transferred the wayline_mission folder to the DJI Fly folder under Files in a new iPhone. But when I launch DJI Fly, it doesn't show any existing waypoints paths. What is needed to enable this?

I thought maybe I need to enable permissions under Files & Folders ... I tried this but DJI Fly is not prompting to grant permissions and you can't add an app manually.
Ok this how I just did it iPad<>iPhone (Quick method using AirDrop)
Select wayline_mission & share using Airdrop to New iphone Save it in the DJI Fly folder and its should ask if you want to replace = Y
Whole think takes less than a minute ... This works

OK, the iPhone I transferred it to didn't have wayline_mission already so there was nothing to replace. I'll do a waypoint mission so it creates the folder, then replace it with this one and see if that works ... thanks.

OK, the iPhone I transferred it to didn't have wayline_mission already so there was nothing to replace. I'll do a waypoint mission so it creates the folder, then replace it with this one and see if that works ... thanks.
Yep I'd open & create a dummy mission then over write it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143