DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Exporting Flight Logs from Smart Controller

DMJPix

Reactions
I haven't been able to get my mac laptop to talk to the Android SC. Want to export flight logs to Mac. Anybody able to make this work? Tried the Android File Transfer app, but the two devices aren't talking.

Appears to be resolved with this very specific connection configuration with a Macbook Pro 13' (with only USB-C connections).

Using the supplied DJI USB-A/USB-C Smart Controller charging cable. Connect SC USB-C to Macbook Pro USB-A. Turn on SC. Android File Transfer App will automatically open on Mac after selecting "Transfer Files" on the SC. Then drag files from "Flight Records" folder to Mac.

Tried other connections, which did not work...USB-C/USB-C, and SC charging cable connecting to SC USB-A to Mac USB-C.

My best guess as to why this started to work is that both the Macbook Pro, with Android Transfer App installed, and SC need several shutdowns and restarts to acknowledge each other.

Last edited:
Appears to be resolved with this very specific connection configuration with a Macbook Pro 13' (with only USB-C connections).

Using the supplied DJI USB-A/USB-C Smart Controller charging cable. Connect SC USB-C to Macbook Pro USB-A. Turn on SC. Android File Transfer App will automatically open on Mac after selecting "Transfer Files" on the SC. Then drag files from "Flight Records" folder to Mac.

Tried other connections, which did not work...USB-C/USB-C, and SC charging cable connecting to SC USB-A to Mac USB-C.

My best guess as to why this started to work is that both the Macbook Pro, with Android Transfer App installed, and SC need several shutdowns and restarts to acknowledge each other.

Win7 computer - I have not been able to successfully connect the Controller to the computer using the controller's usb cable. I hear the successful usb-bong sound. I have tweaked the controller to transfer files (not just charge). But no "drive/folder" show up on my computer. There is a separate setting to "transfer photos" and that does give me access to two specific folders to copy/move files but I can't get access to any of the other controller's folders.

I've gotten no answers from DJI's forum and no one here has suggested anything. I guess it is not as important to them.

I did attach a thumbdrive to the top usb port and that can play intermediary to move files but adds additional steps.

I also have this smart controller / Win 10 PC issue -- can't access the flight logs.

How is it possible to get the SC file system to mount in Win 10 so we have access to DJI Go folders?

Like the above poster, I can only see the photos folder in "transfer files USB mode", and no access to the deeper structure.

I also have the USB MTP driver error, and unable to find any driver on my system or online that works (though I am not sure how relevant that is)

I also have this smart controller / Win 10 PC issue -- can't access the flight logs.

How is it possible to get the SC file system to mount in Win 10 so we have access to DJI Go folders?

Like the above poster, I can only see the photos folder in "transfer files USB mode", and no access to the deeper structure.

I also have the USB MTP driver error, and unable to find any driver on my system or online that works (though I am not sure how relevant that is)

Here's the general flow someone posted from a thread I started on the DJI forum. It also worked my my Win10 Surface Book.

Assuming Windows 7:

1. right click adb interface device or whatever you can associate with that
2. install driver software
3. Browse my computer for driver software
4. Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
5. Microsoft
6. Composite ADB Interface
7. Profit

The link with additional screenshots:

Reactions: Cloudhopper
Thanks, but this doesn't appear to apply to my Win 10. There's no "Microsoft" category and I was unable to find Composite ADB interface in the list.

Can you give details of the driver (such as the filename and extension, version number) that is visible in your driver details tab?

69218I just loaded DropBox on my radio. Makes it easy to move files around to my phone/computer without a bunch of cables.

Thanks DD, I was going to ask for workarounds next :cool:

I noticed 3 of 4 drivers associated with the RM500 device (Smart Controller) were fine
ADB driver - ok
DJI Virtual USB - ok
USB Composite Device - ok
but MTP driver was missing, with a yellow "!"

I loaded the Portable Devices > Standard MTP Device > MTP USB Device, then ignored compatibility/device signature warnings

Now the full Smart Controller file structure appears in Win 10 explorer!! It was an easy (although not altogether obvious) fix.

Reactions: ff22
Cloudhopper - glad you got it working. It is definitely not obvious. I asked the question a few different ways and on different forums. Eventually, someone "in the know" saw it and provided the path - I saw the light! (g)

And I loaded Airmore on my Controller and can also move stuff via wifi to my computer.

After a few days of struggling with Windows 7 and 8 with no success I attached the Smart Control to a Linux System (Ubunto 18.). I'm able to see all and upload to the DJI Flight Log Viewer. It happened to be a test flight of POI. A perfect circle, sweet.

Reactions: DebianDog

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown