DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Exporting video from Adobe Premiere Pro

Greg Webb

Retired Law Enforcement / Part 107 Cert.
Reactions
Has anyone come up with good settings in Premiere Pro to export video? I shot in 4K 30fps H.265. I can watch the individual clips without a problem. After editing, the video jumps from frame to frame. Music is fine but video sucks. Looking for some good settings. If this has already been discussed and figured out, point me in the right direction.

Greg, just try to upload the video in YouTube and see if looks the same once is processed. Sometimes looks jerky in the computer because is too much for the computer but looks fine in YouTube.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Does the video in the timeline play correctly in Premiere? Have you tried playing the exported video in a different media player or on a different machine?

I've never had the problem so I can't give you "best" settings but I'm sure you can reduce the playback resolution and or playback using a proxy. There are a ton of youtube tutorials on the subject. Try searching something like Premiere Pro video latency in playback or playback video instability. If you have a ton of stuff going on with a clip you can always render that clip if you are sure you have it the way you want it.

To answer your question, I like to export in Mp4, 24/30 fps, CBR and not VBR targeting all the way up. Here are my settings that works best for me in Mp4.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Reactions: EagleHead
I know many people will disagree with me on the settings but that is how I get my best results like this one. YouTube take forever processing it. About 5 hours.

Reactions: EagleHead
It's the playback in the H.265 codec that's making it stutter on your machine. If you export as H.264, or Pro Res (if you have a Mac), or Quicktime, it will play better on your machine. Once uploaded to a hosting site, it will be re-encoded to their standard anyway.

I think the H265 may be too much for the power of your computer. Try shooting and exporting in H264.

Has anyone come up with good settings in Premiere Pro to export video? I shot in 4K 30fps H.265. I can watch the individual clips without a problem. After editing, the video jumps from frame to frame. Music is fine but video sucks. Looking for some good settings. If this has already been discussed and figured out, point me in the right direction.
Here are my settings for what it's worth. I shoot Mavic 2 Pro, and other video sources, mostly at 24 frames per second

Attachments

• 4. Export Settings-2.png
    4. Export Settings-2.png
    572.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 5. Video Settings.png
    5. Video Settings.png
    837.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 6.video-2.png
    6.video-2.png
    866.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 7. video 3-.png
    7. video 3-.png