DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extendable sticks for your controller

hactick

Reactions
Just got these extendable sticks from Amazon. I haven’t tried them yet so I’ll report on my opinion at a later date. I will say just from installing them and holding the controller that the extra length feels way different. I’ve included some very scientific photos for you to look at.
0290FF35-9B5C-4713-B925-17C43FE56199.jpeg

Just got these extendable sticks from Amazon. I haven’t tried them yet so I’ll report on my opinion at a later date. I will say just from installing them and holding the controller that the extra length feels way different. I’ve included some very scientific photos for you to look at.
View attachment 95930
i used to have a similar set on my PH3 they do allow you to give smoother stick inputs to the drone

i used to have a similar set on my PH3 they do allow you to give smoother stick inputs to the drone
That’s what I’m hoping for. I just hope it doesn’t throw off all the settings I’ve worked out. I could see changing yaw rates using these sticks

Reactions: old man mavic
That’s what I’m hoping for. I just hope it doesn’t throw off all the settings I’ve worked out. I could see changing yaw rates using these sticks
@hactick it alters the moment arm of the sticks,so to get a reaction at the base of the stick, the longer the stick is ,the smaller the movement in relation to the amount of movement at the top of the stick hope that makes sense

Reactions: Gindra and hactick
I have them for all my controllers (5 drones) including the secondary controllers for my mavics. Not good for speed/racing but primo for cinematic.

Reactions: Gindra and hactick
I love them. I use the PolarPro on my M2P because they extend to 1.25”... even if pricey it makes fine control easier. Same ones fit the Air.

View attachment 95930
How long are they fully extended? Polar Pro sticks can extend to 1.25" so I would like the comparison. TIA.

Reactions: hactick
How long are they fully extended? Polar Pro sticks can extend to 1.25" so I would like the comparison. TIA.
I measure these at 1 1/8” fully extended

I have similar extenders for my SC....they do not affect your settings.

What they do is increase the amount of movement you have to make to affect the inputs.

Think of a larger semi-circle encompassing the original smaller input semi-circle....you have to move a longer distance to cover the same number of degrees.

I particularly prefer this as I can carry out slower/smoother yaws and get smoother video.

I have similar extenders for my SC....they do not affect your settings.

What they do is increase the amount of movement you have to make to affect the inputs.

Think of a larger semi-circle encompassing the original smaller input semi-circle....you have to move a longer distance to cover the same number of degrees.

I particularly prefer this as I can carry out slower/smoother yaws and get smoother video.
That’s exactly the effect I’m hoping for.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Can you share the link on Amazon, from which you bought them?

Here is a link for the Mavic Mini/Mavic 2/Mavic Air:

I see that the sticks are adjustable in height. Nice touch.

mraroid

Reactions: hactick
Here is a link for the Mavic Mini/Mavic 2/Mavic Air:

I see that the sticks are adjustable in height. Nice touch.

mraroid
Wow! $10, plus $11 shipping, and a month wait, and no Amazon Prime! That's outrageous, like $32 for the PP version.

I prefer these, on all my DJI remotes:
Only $4 delivered! Free shipping via first class USPS from within the U.S. from Tucker, Georgia. No more poked thumbs, and they are raised, and can be pushed from their edges for even more precision. Designed for the P3P, they still work on all Mavics, too! Just push over the top of the original sticks. Made of soft silicone, for comfortable thumb flying, usable on all DJI remotes, including the SC. Highly recommended!

8122DFAF-C8E7-4D60-9FD1-A3667B9FBC82.jpeg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky