DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

External Display on DJI RC Pro (USB-C)

I actually use an iPad Pro as my external monitor wireless. Got this gizmo off Amazon, it transmits HDMI wirelessly to your iPad, or iPhone. It is quite cheap on Black Friday, under $40. That way if you hand the iPad to somebody to watch, they can stroll off 40-50 meters and not be attached to you with a cable.

hag5.jpgHag2.jpg

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I actually use an iPad Pro as my external monitor wireless. Got this gizmo off Amazon, it transmits HDMI wirelessly to your iPad, or iPhone. It is quite cheap on Black Friday, under $40. That way if you hand the iPad to somebody to watch, they can stroll off 40-50 meters and not be attached to you with a cable.

View attachment 170500View attachment 170501
Cool! Seems to be $60 now.
Will it be $40 tomorrow, or was that a price from last year?
Reviews are pretty bad.
Have you found it reliable?

I got it on the in-between Black Friday deal this summer, so it was cheap. Works quite well and you can power it from the USB-C on the RC Pro. I just velcro it to the underside And I got a couple right angle HDMI adaptors so it does not stick out.

I got it on the in-between Black Friday deal this summer, so it was cheap. Works quite well and you can power it from the USB-C on the RC Pro. I just velcro it to the underside And I got a couple right angle HDMI adaptors so it does not stick out.
Cool! So no disconnection issues, unlike the negative 7 reviews?

Well since I use it essentially line of sight or through the walls of a canvas tent it has not had issues. I think most people where trying to go to other rooms in homes with perhaps poor for transmission kind of walls. It really is marketed as a cast your AV system stuff. It works super well as a device to throw the signal to the iPad. It can, though I haven't used the function, do stills and video on the app.

Well since I use it essentially line of sight or through the walls of a canvas tent it has not had issues. I think most people where trying to go to other rooms in homes with perhaps poor for transmission kind of walls. It really is marketed as a cast your AV system stuff. It works super well as a device to throw the signal to the iPad. It can, though I haven't used the function, do stills and video on the app.
I suppose as a larger second screen for the pilot, the 1.5 second lag could be a problem, unlike the lagless direct mini HDMI out to an HDMI capable monitor, or USB-C output to Movario BT45 glasses. For sharing your screen, though, the lag is not an issue!

I use to have these setup but that Lag was just non negotiable, now I just use the extra monitor for the camera. So out of all the ways posted which was the least amount of Lag ? Beside the glasses.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, and avoid flying with Lag

Last edited:
I use to have these setup but that Lag was just non negotiable, now I just use the extra monitor for the camera. So out of all the ways posted which was the least amount of Lag ? Beside the glasses.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, and avoid flying with Lag
Anything directly hardwired to the mini HDMI or USB C should have zero lag, which would include the FeelWorld monitors and the Dell USB C monitor and the Movario BT40 glasses. Anything cast wirelessly, or converted, like the iPad, will have a several second lag.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest