DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extra 5500mAh Lipo Battery on DJI Mavic Air 2 (layout)

Patiko

Reactions
Hello all,
I am going to build a Extra Battery Pack for DJI Mavic Air 2

1. Battery Power Out Connector Power Adapter Accessories for DJI Mavic AIR2 Drone
2. Lipo Battery 50C 5500mAh 11.1V Lipo Battery with XT60 Connector

Has anyone tried to make something like this and with what result?

611D+GTJcxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

s-l1600.png

I have done this....you will need a battery with more like a 100c rating or the Main battery will take the brunt of the load and you won't get the extended results you want.

I ultimately decided the battery performance was too erratic and stopped using it for fear of losing my drone.

Reactions: Patiko and zeusfl
The adapter seems to be real thin at the drone connection point. How much resistance is there?

Reactions: zeusfl
I have done this....you will need a battery with more like a 100c rating or the Main battery will take the brunt of the load and you won't get the extended results you want.

I ultimately decided the battery performance was too erratic and stopped using it for fear of losing my drone.
100C is overkill. A Mavic drone does not pull more than 25A even in the most difficult moments. A 45C battery is more than sufficient. The important is to try to match mah from the main battery.

Reactions: Patiko
100C is overkill. A Mavic drone does not pull more than 25A even in the most difficult moments. A 45C battery is more than sufficient. The important is to try to match mah from the main battery.
Are you still using your setup?...

Are you still using your setup?...
I am not since I do not trust the connector and my only need for this setup was to take a longer timelapse I am very happy with the duration of my Mavic 3. Does not worth the risk.

The more weight you add, the more difficult to control can be the drone. Make sure to locate correctly the CG of the drone. Also the more weight the more effort the motors will push and internal electronics can be overheated.

There are many factors to consider before add a 5200MAH battery. I will stay below 4000mah to keep a healthy weight.

Don't!
This is a LiPo battery, the MA2 has LiHV batteries.
Buy a LiHV battery (it will be rated 11.4V instead of 11.1V)

Otherwise when both batteries are fully charged and you parallel them, the MA2 battery will be at 13V and your external battery at 12.6V. If you immediately start flying, then probably you won't overcharge the external LiPo, but I wouldn't do this routinely.

Don't!
This is a LiPo battery, the MA2 has LiHV batteries.
Buy a LiHV battery (it will be rated 11.4V instead of 11.1V)

Otherwise when both batteries are fully charged and you parallel them, the MA2 battery will be at 13V and your external battery at 12.6V. If you immediately start flying, then probably you won't overcharge the external LiPo, but I wouldn't do this routinely.
I find such a youtube video:

They making a 8000 mah battery for DJI Mavic Air 2 /2s at about 400 $ :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada