DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extra MA2 battery cost $260

I have a Mavic pro with batteries that cost me between $80 and $90 each a couple of years ago. I also have a Ryobi 2 speed cordless drill (and some other tools) that I bought about 10 years ago and for which I have regularly purchased Ryobi batteries over the years as the old ones died. Why is the drill important in a drone discussion? Because Ryobi no longer makes batteries (NiCad) for this tool set and I have had to buy third party batteries (got cheated on a pair of them). Eventually, DJI will stop making Mavic Pro batteries and we will all be thrown into the aftermarket.

In fairness, it's a 3rd party seller on Amazon now. When Amazon had it in stock, it was the same $115 as everywhere else. If you see ships and sold by Amazon, prices are usually pretty reasonable. When you are looking at 3rd party sellers, its a free-for-all.
They also hoarded sanitizer and **** paper I bet.

As far as I know, in the USA, we still live in a free market, capitalist economy. Sellers can charge whatever they want to in Amazon's marketplace...it's no one's responsibility to police the prices as supply and demand ebb and flow. It's the buyer that makes the choice what they are willing to pay.

OK, for some non-crucial items let the buyer beware, but for crucial items there must be protections against the greedy. In the early days of the pandemic we had greedy types buy up huge supplies of PPE and many that needed PPE did not get it because these greedy b@stards horded them for later sale at much higher prices. How many people that might have had PPE but couldn't get it do to hording died?

I'm also a little tired of the ... we're a capitalist nation we can do as we please -- this mentality is what's causing our death spiral!

Brian

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent