DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extract data offline

Ric Kelly

Reactions
Does anyone in the community have a simple way of getting the flight data from a Mavic pro and a Mavic 2 pro/ zoom?

If possible without having to upload it to the internet?
I can download via cable to a laptop but I'd like to be able to display lat, long , height, heading and speed quickly after the flight.

Help appreciated guys!

Thanks
Ric

Hi there & welcome to the forum 👋 :D

It's easy... this as the logs you're after is the .TXT log that is stored in the mobile device you flew with.

Go here & read up on how to retrieve the log from either a iOS or a Android device (read under section 3) --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

Once offloaded & you have it on your laptop it's a matter of displaying it (you can't just open the .TXT file as it's encrypted & will only show up like this ...)

txt encrypted.jpg

Go here & download CsvView and install it on your laptop --> CsvView Downloads

Open it up & point it to your earlier downloaded .TXT log by clicking in the square at 1.

csvview main.jpg

Then hit "Empty" at 2. to bring up the chart window & pick out the data you want to display (have chosen your desired data below so you know where to find it ... the bright green data signals)

Hit the button at 3. to get up a sat picture that displays the flight path if you desire that.

Hit button at 4. to get a window showing the message stream which most have been showed in your app during flight.

All 3 windows here dragged around & organized next each other & by moving your mouse in the chart window you can read off the data in the legend below the chart & the 2 other windows are also updated to show their data in the point where you have the mouse in the chart.

(click on below pic to make it larger.)

1635004532043.png

Aside from Slup's post you can review a flight in the app itself.
Open the app and on the front page touch the "Me" icon, then touch Flight Record, then touch the appropriate flight.
It replays the flight on a map with telemetry and some if not all of the messages, I do not remember if you can display the actual coordinates.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929