DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extracting Mavic logs

Appreciate the link. the DatCom description sounded like it'd allow flight record/log viewing on a mac, but it didn't contain the .zip file required to get it going.

All others appeared to facilitate uploading to their site, and viewing data there... not my objective, I want to upload flight logs & data to my mac and view it as though I wasn't even hooked up to the internet. Still looking...

Appreciate the link. the DatCom description sounded like it'd allow flight record/log viewing on a mac, but it didn't contain the .zip file required to get it going.

All others appeared to facilitate uploading to their site, and viewing data there... not my objective, I want to upload flight logs & data to my mac and view it as though I wasn't even hooked up to the internet. Still looking...
The instructions for running DatCon on a Mac are found in the last section of
DatCon Downloads
under the heading
Mac Installation Instructions

The instructions for running CsvView on a Mac are found in the last section of
CsvView Downloads
under the heading
Mac Version Installation and Running

The instructions for running DatCon on a Mac are found in the last section of
DatCon Downloads
under the heading
Mac Installation Instructions

The instructions for running CsvView on a Mac are found in the last section of
CsvView Downloads
under the heading
Mac Version Installation and Running
Thank you, BudWalker, but we must be looking at different screens or downloads...

I could follow the instructions until they called for unzipping a .zip file:

1.png

The downloaded CsvViewMac 1.1.0 4/1/2017 had no .zip file (there wasn't one in the "deft" folder either):
2.png

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    519.8 KB · Views: 6
Thank you, BudWalker, but we must be looking at different screens or downloads...

I could follow the instructions until they called for unzipping a .zip file:

View attachment 9776

The downloaded CsvViewMac 1.1.0 4/1/2017 had no .zip file (there wasn't one in the "deft" folder either):
View attachment 9779
Looks like the Mac is unzipping and showing the contents of the .zip.
Copy these 4 files
upload_2017-4-2_11-52-42.png
to a folder somewhere. Then do a RIGHT mouse click on CsvView.1.1.0.jar. I don't have a Mac but I'm told this should work.

BudWalker - the right click on CsvVew.1.1.0.jar opened a program called JarRsrctLoader (didn't even know I had it) and this unintelligible window.

1.png

It was worth a try, but it looks like it's a bridge too far to read flight records & logs on a mac unless you're doing it via the internet to a 3rd party web/cloud site. My goal was to avoid having to upload and have them on someone else's cloud storage. Appreciate your time and ideas.

BudWalker - the right click on CsvVew.1.1.0.jar opened a program called JarRsrctLoader (didn't even know I had it) and this unintelligible window.

View attachment 9818

It was worth a try, but it looks like it's a bridge too far to read flight records & logs on a mac unless you're doing it via the internet to a 3rd party web/cloud site. My goal was to avoid having to upload and have them on someone else's cloud storage. Appreciate your time and ideas.
Looks to me like you've successfully started CsvView. The next step would be for you to mouse click where it says "Click here to specify a .DAT...". I'm not sure what you're expecting to happen. Maybe you should take a look at the User Manual. You can do that by Help->User Manual in the menus bar. Or, access it directly here.

Has anyone managed to view logs from the Mavic? I've managed to extract the .DAT files from the Mavic but the usual methods of converting them to .CSV etc. don't appear to work.

DatCon throws up an error saying the .DAT file isn't a .DAT file...:(

Has DJI changed the format again...??
For all of the elegance designed into/flying the Mavic Pro, I'm finding it impossible to find a single source (such as a page on DJI's site) that explains the apps, computer programs, and how they interface in order to upload and view flight records and logs on a mac. Youtubes show DJI menu items that don't appear on my phone, cannot find DJI+ Assistant after it's loaded, etc, etc. Maybe it's because I've only been using computers since Apple released the IIe in the 1980s...

These protocols are usually slam-dunks, but all the engineers must be tuning the Mavic's flight features...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143