DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flightrecord for Mini4 not updated when disconnected

HyperHat1

Reactions
Recently got the Mini4 pro RC2, and it is working very well so far, except this one issue.
I depend on the flightrecord data for post processing, and have done some long waypoint flights that have had some disconnected times. I finally realized that no data is recorded to the flightrecord txt file on the rc2 controller when in disconnected flight. I then tried the Dat files from Assistant 2, but djiExtract will not recognize the mini4 logs. I tried uploading the large Dat file to Airdata site, file too large error, using file from drone. Tried Assistant with rc2, Dat file was a bit smaller, so Airdata took it, but said still in beta, and has not shown as one of my flights yet. But love the range, 2 miles in busy city suburbs. The srt file viewer will show the complete flight, but there is hardly any usable data from that csv extract. Seems DJI has locked down the new Dat files, we need help to save them to csv...
Let me know if you found a fix for this.
Thanks!

I may be misunderstanding the question, but how could the controller write the drones flight data to its memory during periods when it's not in communication with the drone?

I thought that, but just thought it could be smart enough to catch back up with a batch update when it regains a connection. I am willing to use a log from the drone, but there does not appear to be one that is readable...

I am willing to use a log from the drone, but there does not appear to be one that is readable
Right -- the log from the drone cannot be decrypted.

Right -- the log from the drone cannot be decrypted.
I have asked Airdata if they can decrypt a large Dat file, they said they are reviewing it. Think limit for Airdata.com upload is 800MB, mine was 1.4gb for a fairly short, 8min flight. Just to test I did try a 700mb import, it just warned me that reading DAT files was in beta, and could take a while to appear in flights list.

Last edited:
Reactions: msinger
Let us know how you make out with that.

Not really, dense woods, that is why I am using a waypoint flight plan, so it can go where I cannot go...

I'm going to be "that guy"....

It sounds a LOT like you're routinely flying BVLOS. Is that really a good idea especially in your neck of the woods?

@BigAl07 glad you spotted the elephant in the room ,in the OP
i am right behind you being " that guy "

Reactions: 123taff and BigAl07
Airdata has only confirmed that all the DAT files from all "newer" dji drones are so encrypted, they cannot be used
Right. I was kind of surprised to hear they were even going to look into it since I'm assuming they know they've been undecryptable for some time now.

@BigAl07 glad you spotted the elephant in the room ,in the OP
i am right behind you being " that guy "

And just to pile on, the risk of something bad goes way up when disconnected from the RC.

At least with connected BVLOS, violation that it is, you still have some situational awareness through the camera, and control of the aircraft to react to an adverse situation.

Maybe saving someone from serious injury.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne