DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to read Mini 3 Pro LOGS?

carmix

Reactions
Hi, I would like to read logs recorded by my mini 3 pro drone. Using DJI Assistant 2 I downloaded a big .DAT file (approx 350MB).
Inside the DAT file I see that there is a lot of data that however seems to be encrypted.
I tried with software like Flight Reader, but it doesn't recognize the file.
Do anyone knows how to decrypt/read the file??

Hi, I would like to read logs recorded by my mini 3 pro drone. Using DJI Assistant 2 I downloaded a big .DAT file (approx 350MB).
Inside the DAT file I see that there is a lot of data that however seems to be encrypted.
I tried with software like Flight Reader, but it doesn't recognize the file.
Do anyone knows how to decrypt/read the file??
You can't ...... full stop.
Besides, from memory, FlightReader is not designed to read DATs.
I think there is a piece of software in the CsvView download (see below) that can look at some drone-DATs from some 'Mavic' drones but only some and perhaps NONE of the FLY- app-using-drones.
From memory either or both CsvView or DatCon tells you this and names the software but you will have to google where the software is to be found.

If you want to look at Mini 3 Pro DATs, look at the DATs from the screen device with CsvView CsvView Downloads
HOWEVER you will have to ensure that the screen device can not and does not sync if you want to keep those DATs, sync'ing deletes them.
If you do look at the Mini 3 Pro DATs I think the motor speeds need to be multiplied by 10.

Last edited:
Reactions: BudWalker
The best you're going to be able to do is read the TXT flight logs with a viewer like one of these.

Both CsvView and DatCon can read the Mavic Mini 3 mobile device .DAT. As said by @Yorkshire_Pud the Fly App should be set to not sync with DJI.

I was unaware that the motor speeds need a X10 correction. They do look awfully slow.
1701137236347.png

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I was unaware that the motor speeds need a X10 correction. They do look awfully slow.
Regarding the scale factor, I think the same thing applies to the Avata, if not then it is the FPV. I assume this is down to DJI's programming for the drones concerned, from memory CsvView reports 'correct' speeds for the Mavic Mini.

Reactions: BudWalker
Regarding the scale factor, I think the same thing applies to the Avata, if not then it is the FPV. I assume this is down to DJI's programming for the drones concerned, from memory CsvView reports 'correct' speeds for the Mavic Mini.
At first I thought the Avata motor speeds were 10 times too fast. I then used a "laser tachometer" to measure the speeds and it seems the speeds reported by DatCon/CsvView are correct. High motor speeds are characteristic of a ducted fan design like the Avata.

The FPV motor speeds have been measured by the laser tachometer and are correct.

I don't have a Mini 3 so have not been able to measure the actual motor speeds. They do seem slow though.

At first I thought the Avata motor speeds were 10 times too fast. I then used a "laser tachometer" to measure the speeds and it seems the speeds reported by DatCon/CsvView are correct. High motor speeds are characteristic of a ducted fan design like the Avata.

The FPV motor speeds have been measured by the laser tachometer and are correct.

I don't have a Mini 3 so have not been able to measure the actual motor speeds. They do seem slow though.
Ah well my mistake then, I have the Avata mixed up with some other recent drone. I am pretty sure I have seen one other 'fly app' drone whose motor rpms struck me as slow.

I did a crude "spectral analysis" of the sound produced by a mini 3 pro when hovering. The calculated prop speeds were just shy of 8000rpm, which would correlate well with the speeds shown in the graph in post #4 if they were multiplied by 10. The mini 3 pro props do spin fairly slowly compared to earlier DJI mini drones, but they're definitely not an order of magnitude slower.

I did a crude "spectral analysis" of the sound produced by a mini 3 pro when hovering. The calculated prop speeds were just shy of 8000rpm, which would correlate well with the speeds shown in the graph in post #4 if they were multiplied by 10. The mini 3 pro props do spin fairly slowly compared to earlier DJI mini drones, but they're definitely not an order of magnitude slower.
From memory a Mavic Mini hovers at somewhere around 10,000rpm.

I know a guy with a Mini 3 Pro. Maybe I can talk him into letting me measure his Mini 3 motor speeds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne