DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Eyesight and getting old...

...sucks.

I'm 61. Yesterday I was blessed with a Vitreous Detachment in my left eye. I'm going to see my Optometrist to make sure that's what it is, which is benign, but I'm very sure, because I had the same thing happen in my right eye a few years ago.

So now my "good" eye has faint cobwebs and floaters all over my vision. I can still see just fine, sure I could read the 20/20 line on an eye chart, it's mostly just annoying. It will get a bit better in the coming weeks, but much will be permanent.

Literature says ½ of people have a VD by 60, ⅔ by 70. So as common as keratomas on aging skin. Still, I'm a little down today that I'm dealing with Good Eye Gone Bad.

There's gotta be a blues song in there somewhere...
See an opthamologist!!

Maybe try flying with goggles this is when I do works really well for me. It’s very difficult for me to read of the Controler now
Correct me if I am wrong... but from all the things I have read... googles would only make matters worse. Reports I have read have shown that computer screens, phone screens, AR goggles, etc ... all affect vision. If you are having a vision impairment, close up screens would only make things worse. Might be the reason you're now having difficulty reading the controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi