DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Law???

JBird

Reactions
Where do you live? Are you in the states? I had my first run in with the public regarding my drone. Usually people see it and they think it's cool but this guy had other words to say. I will Google it, just thought i would ask you.

Gentleman told me the FAA just passed the law for invasion of privacy on a flyover houses. I'm aware that I am not allowed to fly over group gatherings or stadiums. What about houses? I totally get the whole invasion of privacy I have kids but I'm not a perv and I just like to fly. Just want to get another drone buddies brain on this.

The FAA has no laws I know of that directly relate to "invasion of privacy" - I think that would be out of the scope of what they do.

North Carolina has some crazy laws recently enacted, there's a thread with info somewhere here.

The FAA has no specific laws regarding this. If you go to drone zone they provide a sort of code of conduct they RECOMMEND you follow, one of which is to respect peoples privacy and not to harass. However, States and cities do have privacy laws themselves. Usually it is if someone has an expected right to privacy (ie have a fenced yard) then you can be invading their privacy by flying over it. You can't look through someone's Windows as people expect privacy when in their own homes. Also keep in mind that your not allowed to fly over a person who is not a part of flight operations. So if they walk out of their house while your flying over top, you are in violation of FAA rules. Just use common sense and be respectful of other people and you have nothing to worry about

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54