DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Monetized Youtube Drone Videos 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case anyone believes posting drone photography on YouTube is harmless, and that the “FAA” doesn’t have any interest in these videos... check out PhillyDroneLife’s YouTube channel. He was recently fined over $180,000 by the FAA for i believe 123 violations of federal drone laws. Just saying
Yes and here is the link to the thread on it. FAA FINES PHILADELPHIA DRONE PILOT

Just in case anyone believes posting drone photography on YouTube is harmless, and that the “FAA” doesn’t have any interest in these videos... check out PhillyDroneLife’s YouTube channel. He was recently fined over $180,000 by the FAA for i believe 123 violations of federal drone laws. Just saying
Posting videos to Youtube is harmless.
But repeated blatant violation of FAA regulations and ignoring 122 warnings from the FAA is a different matter.

Thought I’d circle back to this thread which I started a while back.

Today my daughter and I took and passed the Part 107 test. We have submitted the necessary info for background checks and should get our temp certificate soon and I gather the actual card a bit longer than that.

We were going to take the test back on November, but as only could happen with me, my drivers license (read ID) expired and the whole covid mess threw a wrench into a quick renewal...

That turned out to be a good thing as we became aware of the coming remote ID and night flying changes, so we waited until this spring to take the test so as to be inclusive with those changes.

I appreciate everyone’s advice and council.

Special thanks to Meta4 and Big Al.

Also - to Big Al, one these days I’ll be back down in Clyde and the Haywood county area visiting relatives; I’ll look you up and we can shake and howdy!

Thanks again!

Old thread…

Myself and another family member got our 107 license.

Oddly enough - we rarely fly…

Reactions: dirkclod
Seems to me that requiring one to pay a fee and take a test before posting a video that happens to make money is unconstitutional. If they told the networks and news papers, you have to pay a fee and take a test before you can publish, I'm not sure that would fly (no pun intended).
No Bill of Rights issue here.

There's no fee or test required to post a video shot from a drone. There is a fee and test required to fly the drone the drone that you use to shoot the video. But then there's also a fee and a test required to drive a car somewhere to shoot photos with your cellphone, no matter what you do with them.

Guys I’m sorry but this thread Is old. 2020. Let’s not start this one up again. There are many threads on it since then.

CLOSD​

Reactions: Wade L.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej