DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA on-line UAS107 test for (manned aircraft) licensed pilots?

RS Bush Pilot

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I've web-searched and looked over on FAA's websites, for a link to FAA on-line test, Part107 certification, and haven't found anything.

Anyone here have a link that works?

I did find this:

"Anyone who is already a licensed manned aircraft pilot can skip the Part 107 exam. That said, part 61 certificate holders will have to complete a free, online training course titled “Part 107 Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) ALC-451.” You can find these resources at the FAA FAASTeam website.

After receiving the course completion certificate, manned aircraft pilots must:

• Complete FAA Form 8710-13 (FAA Airman Certificate and/or Rating Application for a remote pilot certificate)
  • Validate their applicant identity, and make an in-person appointment with their local FSDO, an FAA-designated pilot examiner (DPE), an airman certification representative (ACR), or an FAA-certificated flight instructor (CFI) so that they can sign the form."

I did find this:

"Anyone who is already a licensed manned aircraft pilot can skip the Part 107 exam. That said, part 61 certificate holders will have to complete a free, online training course titled “Part 107 Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) ALC-451.” You can find these resources at the FAA FAASTeam website.

After receiving the course completion certificate, manned aircraft pilots must:

• Complete FAA Form 8710-13 (FAA Airman Certificate and/or Rating Application for a remote pilot certificate)
  • Validate their applicant identity, and make an in-person appointment with their local FSDO, an FAA-designated pilot examiner (DPE), an airman certification representative (ACR), or an FAA-certificated flight instructor (CFI) so that they can sign the form."
Did you follow my links and read my story????

Is is. I'm logged in with my credentials, but don't have time right now to start the test, (wife has to go to the ortho surgeon again today). But when I have a clear schedule, I'll get on it.
Thanks again. Thumbswayup
Good luck. It's a tedious two hours but I think you can do it in pieces. IIRC, they tell you that at the beginning somewhere.

Well the way it is now, you can take all the time you want, for training, but once you click the blue link to take the test, you have 90 minutes to complete and submit, and be 100% correct on all questions, or you get to do it over. Still worth doing, but I haven't flown for a couple years, so I need an hour of left seat time with an instructor.

Another interesting twist is I cannot find my logbook. The plot thickins... :oops:

And like you, I'm not even sure why I want a 107, as I have no intention of monetizing the use of a drone. If I was going to do that, then the next thing would be to get liability and PD insurance, including medical.

Are you using your 107 for profit, and if so, have you looked into the insurance thing?

About the only difference between us is that I have a current BFR. Technically it's now just an FR for those who are ummmm particular about it. I only got the 107 because my buddy egged me on but now, that option is available and if work comes along, I can do it. I inadvertently came across these guys and they advertise liability insurance for $62/mo, should I need it. I wouldn't buy insurance then go looking for work but if work found me, then I'd go for it. And that 90 minutes for the test is about 80 more than you should need. You get to correct any questions you get wrong, it's a test that you can't fail.

I decided to go the 107 route not because I expect to get paid, but because if I take photos by request for someone else to publish (which I have done) I don't want to have to worry about whether the FAA will decide I wasn't being recreational.

I've web-searched and looked over on FAA's websites, for a link to FAA on-line test, Part107 certification, and haven't found anything.

Anyone here have a link that works?
There are no online test certifications for Part 107 ( first exam ). There are for recurrent Part 107 . ( no cost ) The other test online is part current Part 61 taking part 107 online. Otherwise those who take the exam , must make an appointment at their nearest examination facilities. I hope this helps you and others !

Reactions: SethB
If you are a current part 14 CFR Current Part 61 pilot you can enter the faast.gov program and take the test there online .

There are no online test certifications for Part 107 ( first exam ). There are for recurrent Part 107 . ( no cost ) The other test online is part current Part 61 taking part 107 online. Otherwise those who take the exam , must make an appointment at their nearest examination facilities. I hope this helps you and others !
Yes, I thought I explained, but may not have articulated my thoughts well enough. I was talking about the Part 107 test for currently licensed manned aircraft pilots; e.g., I am a licensed private pilot already, and may be interested in adding a 107 certification. There is an on-line, no cost test for exactly that, and it was a link to FAA that I was looking for. Walleye Hunter provided that link. Thumbswayup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter