DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Part 107 ~ VLOS and Visual Observer Discussion

States don’t have armies of people to make up stuff that don’t make any sense.

I am sure the rules would be much simpler even if there are differences from state to state but I don’t know that they would be better for us or not.
Consider the vehicle codes, and try to parse the wording as carefully as we parse the FARs.

Here's a simple question all drivers deal with every day: when parking on the side of a street, are you required to keep the front wheels parallel to the curb, pointed toward the curb, or away from the curb?

Another: under what circumstances is it allowed to use the leftmost traffic lane of a divided highway?

You may know the answer for your state, but I know that states vary widely on these issues, and some states contradict themselves. Furthermore, not all states make it easy to answer the questions using online resources.

Reactions: BigAl07
Consider the vehicle codes, and try to parse the wording as carefully as we parse the FARs.

Here's a simple question all drivers deal with every day: when parking on the side of a street, are you required to keep the front wheels parallel to the curb, pointed toward the curb, or away from the curb?

Another: under what circumstances is it allowed to use the leftmost traffic lane of a divided highway?

You may know the answer for your state, but I know that states vary widely on these issues, and some states contradict themselves. Furthermore, not all states make it easy to answer the questions using online resources.
There may be minor differences but traffic laws among states are not materially different. When you visit a state it is not necessary to review the driving rules for that state. If there is a unusual rule about parking in a particular place the rule is squally posted.

And despite 125 years of accumulating laws the entire Utah traffic code is only 168 pages. For reference the new FAA Final Rule on operating over people alone is 292 pages.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim40
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242