DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Registration.

Thanks all for your inputs! I'll try to remove the photo if I can't I might just delete the whole thread. I appreciate all the help everyone!

Got a link to that public database?
I didn’t say there was a link, I said the data was accessible. Using three actual reg numbers and names from acquaintances and several image examples of numbers posted by people on sites such as this one, I quickly discovered two instances of large unsecured extracts on “research“ sites. This tells me the FAA is making this data available to entities on the outside, it not private.

I didn’t say there was a link, I said the data was accessible. Using three actual reg numbers and names from acquaintances and several image examples of numbers posted by people on sites such as this one, I quickly discovered two instances of large unsecured extracts on “research“ sites. This tells me the FAA is making this data available to entities on the outside, it not private.
Feel free to link us to your findings. I'm sure others here would be interested to know if their information is being shared without their knowledge.

Feel free to link us to your findings. I'm sure others here would be interested to know if their information is being shared without their knowledge.
The government never gave accountable assurances that such information wouldn’t be shared with or without their knowledge. They do it all the time. States share vehicle registration data to marketers. The FCC makes public names and Home addresses of HAM radio licensees. The FAA lets you look up any N # and get the name and address of the registrant/owner. The list is endless. Why did people think that registering people who fly little quadcopters would be any different?

The government never gave accountable assurances that such information wouldn’t be shared with or without their knowledge. They do it all the time. States share vehicle registration data to marketers. The FCC makes public names and Home addresses of HAM radio licensees. The FAA lets you look up any N # and get the name and address of the registrant/owner. The list is endless. Why did people think that registering people who fly little quadcopters would be any different?
The fact remains that this information is not publicly available on the FAA's website. They also won't share that information with you if you call them and inquire about a specific FAA registration number. Conspiracy theories can be fun times, but I'm going to stick with the facts on this one.

Reactions: JimP Florida
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb