DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA to extend pandemic SFAR beyond June 30th

dawgpilot

Reactions

This extension of the SFAR will allow Part 107 pilots whose knowledge tests are expiring between July and September 2020 to take an online course at FAASafety.gov and get a 6 month extension, without needing to pay for or visit a test center. (the FAA had previously granted this option for Part 107 pilots with tests expiring March-June 2020).

No, new Part 107s will still need to take the normal test at a testing site.
I've tried to schedule a date, time and location with FAA PSI online, but was refunded my money a day later. Do you know if all sites are closed for new Part 107 pilots? I'm located in NY. I found it odd that I was able to go through the whole process of scheduling but was then told (after I had confirmed payment) a day or two later that testing was closed due to COIVID. Any info on this would be very helpful.
Thanks!

I've tried to schedule a date, time and location with FAA PSI online, but was refunded my money a day later. Do you know if all sites are closed for new Part 107 pilots? I'm located in NY. I found it odd that I was able to go through the whole process of scheduling but was then told (after I had confirmed payment) a day or two later that testing was closed due to COIVID. Any info on this would be very helpful.
Thanks!

I took mine June 19 here in Arizona at a PSI location - which turned out to be an actual aviation FBO office, with a single terminal for tests.

They were one of three still open in a fifty mile radius for me - or at least one of three that had any open sessions available, since they don't delineate between "closed" and "full" test centers on their scheduling app.

But Arizona's been very hit-or-miss on COVID-19-related issues, as easily noted by our currently skyrocketing numbers for "positive" and "hospitalized" and "dead from COVID-19-related illness."

I took mine June 19 here in Arizona at a PSI location - which turned out to be an actual aviation FBO office, with a single terminal for tests.

They were one of three still open in a fifty mile radius for me - or at least one of three that had any open sessions available, since they don't delineate between "closed" and "full" test centers on their scheduling app.

But Arizona's been very hit-or-miss on COVID-19-related issues, as easily noted by our currently skyrocketing numbers for "positive" and "hospitalized" and "dead from COVID-19-related illness."

Did you find the location from the PSI site itself? Only because when I used the site for a location here in NY it didn't seem too accurate on who was actually open for testing? I dont really feel like scheduling dates multiple times and then getting refunded multiple times until I actually find a loaction. I wish there was something more accurate in terms of what is acctually open. I've been having to postpone a couple of jobs because I don't have my part 107. Thanks

Thanks!

Not sure about that. I was about to book a testing site myself (and I saw plenty of nearby availability) since my 107 is lapsing soon, but if this new SFAR goes into effect, I will delay taking my recurrent test. I never got to the point of paying for a testing site though.

Reactions: Alpha317
Not sure about that. I was about to book a testing site myself (and I saw plenty of nearby availability) since my 107 is lapsing soon, but if this new SFAR goes into effect, I will delay taking my recurrent test. I never got to the point of paying for a testing site though.
I just find it odd that they would have locations with dates and times available, but in reality this is not the case. I wish the process wasn't so convoluted. It has become discouraging in a way. I really don't want to keep going through the process and then get an email saying I'm being refunded because the locations are closed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu