DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Facade Mission Maker for Litchi

DJ Wes

Reactions
Site
www.litchiutilities.com
I have created a new utility to create a vertical waypoint mission that can be used to capture the facade of a building. The input to this utility is a simple line drawn in Google Earth Pro. The details such as height and photo spacing are entered directly into the web application.

The waypoint path begins at the top (maximum height) and traverses down the structure as shown in the example below.

Capture.PNG

This is an example of a facade mission displayed in Google Earth Pro.

Capture.JPG

This utility is available here:

Litchi Mission Utilities

Note: Owners of the Mavic 3, Air3, and Mini 4 can execute missions such as this by using my “Litchi Mission to DJI Fly Waypoints” converter.

I have created a new utility to create a vertical waypoint mission that can be used to capture the facade of a building. The input to this utility is a simple line drawn in Google Earth Pro. The details such as height and photo spacing are entered directly into the web application.

The waypoint path begins at the top (maximum height) and traverses down the structure as shown in the example below.

View attachment 169937

This is an example of a facade mission displayed in Google Earth Pro.

View attachment 169938

This utility is available here:

Litchi Mission Utilities

Note: Owners of the Mavic 3, Air3, and Mini 4 can execute missions such as this by using my “Litchi Mission to DJI Fly Waypoints” converter.

How in the world am I just now finding out about you and your Litchi Utilities? OMG!!

I'll be honest, I'm overwhelmed by the potential with your apps. Now time to dig in and do some research, installation, configuring, and hopefully putting some of these to good use.

Looks good Wes. Do you have any ortho results of the above?
I don't. While I have flown this type of mission for testing purposes, I have not created an orthographic projection of a building. I was asked to create this tool by a fellow forum member who does this sort of work.

I'm working on a project every other week that would be GREAT to use this for. I'm building 3D models as a motel is being built. I probably won't have time to figure out the process for the next visit (in the morning) but I HOPE to have it dialed in for the next one in 2 weeks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas