DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Factory reset

To do a factory reset from the assistant can i have the AC and RC connected between them and the AC to the laptop so that the reset happens on both HW simultaneously?
You should install the firmware like this:

After factory resetting the AC and RC do i have to calibrate the OAS too as well as IMU, compass, gimbal and RC?
This is a highly controversial topic. You don't have to do any of the calibrations. If you decide not to do them and notice something isn't working as expected when flying, then calibrate the appropriate hardware to correct the problem. If you choose to do all/some of the calibrations, you won't harm anything if you do them properly.

Reactions: Mr Spock
If I wanted to sell my Mavic Pro, I certainly would want it to be rest to factory specs and delete all past knowledge so that a new owner will be able to carry out his/her configurations. Is there a way to do this so the new owner gets the same experience as anyone with a factory fresh unit? Would love a step by step process.

Msinger
1. To do a factory reset from the assistant can i have the AC and RC connected between them and the AC to the laptop so that the reset happens on both HW simultaneously?
2. After factory resetting the AC and RC do i have to calibrate the OAS too as well as IMU, compass, gimbal and RC ?
It seemed to work for me. I couldn't get the MP to accept my password so I went to dji assistant 2 and reset the MP to factory settings and then up dated to the latest firmware revision and no it appears to work.

I just bought a second hand mavic pro after my last one fell to an icy death. I forgot about the fact that it would be registered to the previous owner through the dji go app. I know I need the desktop app to reset it. Can I factory reset it without his dji login info? Do I need to? What are the potential implications down the road if I need repairs or something?

Just link it to your controller and fly it .
That’s what I did to my spare about 7 months ago when I bought it and it works fine . No point over thinking it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121