DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Fall Colors along the Nenana River, Alaska

Nice video, you are about two weeks ahead of us on the fall colors. Ours here in Northern Ontario are just starting. We also have mostly yellow colors up here from the poplar trees that make up a lot of the forest.

thanks for the replies :). There wasn't much there so I almost didn't do a video :).

thanks for the replies :). There wasn't much there so I almost didn't do a video :).
I've spent a lifetime outdoors in many different geographies and one thing I've learned is there's always something anywhere. Life, nature, and land always offer places to focus

I loved that video....without looking it up isn't that River somewhere around Fairbanks?

I spent 5 years in Juneau. That seemed like 77 months of winter. Juneau was essentially a semi-frozen terrarium hard to escape. It was a place of two seasons: winter and road repair. And a place of twists....when friends and family would visit they'd often ask to see bald eagles...so I'd take them to the dump. You could see them there only 20 feet away. Of course, it was much better to see them by a river

this was in the 80's long before camera drones, but If I would have had one back then, it would have been awesome, and likely have altered my perspective. The mountains, the glaciers, the rivers, the sea, the wildlife....all of it was awesome and if you haven't ever seen Alaska you owe yourself a trip. A long trip because there is a whole lot of Alaska. Take mosquito repellent though, and never hike alone in bear country while making sure you're always hiking with a slower runner

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I've spent a lifetime outdoors in many different geographies and one thing I've learned is there's always something anywhere. Life, nature, and land always offer places to focus

I loved that video....without looking it up isn't that River somewhere around Fairbanks?

I spent 5 years in Juneau. That seemed like 77 months of winter. Juneau was essentially a semi-frozen terrarium hard to escape. It was a place of two seasons: winter and road repair. And a place of twists....when friends and family would visit they'd often ask to see bald eagles...so I'd take them to the dump. You could see them there only 20 feet away. Of course, it was much better to see them by a river

this was in the 80's long before camera drones, but If I would have had one back then, it would have been awesome, and likely have altered my perspective. The mountains, the glaciers, the rivers, the sea, the wildlife....all of it was awesome and if you haven't ever seen Alaska you owe yourself a trip. A long trip because there is a whole lot of Alaska. Take mosquito repellent though, and never hike alone in bear country while making sure you're always hiking with a slower runner
The Nenana river runs down from Broad Pass, south of Denali Park and through the town of Nenana where it joins into the Tanana River that flows into the Yukon. Nenana is about 50mi south of Fairbanks down the Parks Hwy on the way to Anchorage (which is just south of Alaska :) ) Alaska is indeed a wonderful place and I'm happy to live here.

Beautiful fall colors. NOW is your tine to move to Florida for the winter!
Now is when I tune up my fatbike for winter snow riding!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998