DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Fall in South Dakota

Nice video. I spent two summers flying over South Dakota nearly every night while working in a weather program way back in the seventies. I have fond memories of Mitchell and Yankton..and looking down on Madison.

Nice video. I spent two summers flying over South Dakota nearly every night while working in a weather program way back in the seventies. I have fond memories of Mitchell and Yankton..and looking down on Madison.

Thanks for watching and the comment! I'm blessed to be in South Dakota with the vast open areas for flying. I also think many people would be surprised to see the different landscapes in the state.

Thanks for watching and the comment! I'm blessed to be in South Dakota with the vast open areas for flying. I also think many people would be surprised to see the different landscapes in the state.
I've been looking at your governor's TV commercials for South Dakota for a month or so. It really looks like a great place for a one week road trip. I even sent away for the state brochure. Nice country.

I lived in Rapid City for a year a long time ago. That part of the state, with the Black Hills, is stunning! Perhaps you can fly there some day. The Badlands are right next door. Of course, if you get that far west in SD, it's not much farther to "Devil's Tower" in Wyoming and that would be awesome to fly around. There aren't many people in SD but, you're right, there's a lot of beautiful landscapes. I liked your video. One quick tip, if you're flying low over paths or narrow roads and you fly in reverse because it's safer, you can always reverse the shot in editing (provided there are no people or vehicles moving backwards) and it looks like you're flying "in" instead of out. Good luck

Wind Cave, Rushmore, and the Badlands park itself are of course, no fly zones. You can legally fly in from the outside, as long as you keep VLOS and make it back out. Land/crash in there and you better have bail money. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23