DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fan problem?

katalin

Reactions
Hi. Please don't judge us...

I and my husband just bought an used mavic- was bought in august and flown like 5 hours.

Everything seemed fine and was working fine. So bought it...

At home we started to upgrade the firmware but kept shutting down. After a while we noticed that is very hot. -want to mention that we didn't get any overheating message on the controller, and the controller's fan got on.

So we used a fan to cool it down while the firmware upgrade it.

I couldn't find a response here, but did in another place.

They say that the mesh from behind the grate behind the camera got loosen and gets on the fan obstructing it.

So my husband looked in it and he saw that that was the problem. So he pulled it out, the fan started working but for us it seems like a bad noisy sound. So now he pulled even more and now the sound is better.

I wrote this as a help for others, but still as getting more advice about this problem.

My questions:

1. Does anyone had this and or anyone else what does it think about this as lasting and not have a problem later on while flying?

2. We have the new firmware .200. Does the batteries need an upgrade?

Thank you.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Mine done this. As long as it recovered it should be fine. I would turn it on and as long as the fan cuts in within 5min at room temp then it's fine. Mine got that hot I could not hold it! It's a bug in that update apparently.

Reactions: katalin
Mine done this. As long as it recovered it should be fine. I would turn it on and as long as the fan cuts in within 5min at room temp then it's fine. Mine got that hot I could not hold it! It's a bug in that update apparently.

Mine was actually a physical problem.. the mesh was pushed somehow over the fan.
Now it works and cools it down properly while stationery.

Did you open it to reseat the mesh?

Its held in place with 4 dots of glue

If the glue has given way and you just pulled the mesh from the outside then its possible for it to jam again

There is a over temp shutdown and if the mesh isn't secure and blocks the fan again you may have more of an issue then it getting to hot to touch

Reactions: katalin
Did you open it to reseat the mesh?

Its held in place with 4 dots of glue

If the glue has given way and you just pulled the mesh from the outside then its possible for it to jam again

There is a over temp shutdown and if the mesh isn't secure and blocks the fan again you may have more of an issue then it getting to hot to touch
My husband just pulled it back from the outside. But he is sure that is fine, but might glue it.

Another question about this situation...
The seller said that nothing happened to it. That is perfectly fine. If it's true, then he could have used it like this without the fan.
So.. could have gone something wrong internally from heating ?

Cause he also said that only once when he upgraded was really hot and put it on ice-at least that what he suggested me. But while on flying he didn't notice anything.

So while flying it outside without a fan, could that damage anything inside?

1.Because we are afraid of a damage inside from being used without the fan, is there a special program, software to check the entire status of the drone by us?
or the checking that it's done by himself when you start it, is good and is checking properly everything and would let us know if there would be any issues?

2. Is there a site, place where is written down all the error codes that could appear? like an instruction of error codes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15