DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Farmers Insurance bad image for drone

Given the investigation advertising firms do I fear thi is a sad commentary on public opinion or our hobby :confused:

Had to look but found it .

Aside from the bad drone karma, that just looks odd to me and I would suspect it is CGI. Can't see how a drone of that size would be able to cause that much damage to laminated glass. It'd just bounce off.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Oh it's certainly fake in that commercial .I've seen their commercial's I don't know how many times and is always something crazy but was just plan not cool as we see it. They have all kinds of crazy commercials.

LOL that's a new one. I don't see many commercials but the Farmers Insurance ones always crack me up.

Reactions: dirkclod
I see lots of them but not that one till I looked it up.
Lastest one they have been with the guy in the sports car
and doesn’t park under the pigeons moves and cement
truck nails em. Lol

Reactions: BigAl07
Aside from the bad drone karma, that just looks odd to me and I would suspect it is CGI. Can't see how a drone of that size would be able to cause that much damage to laminated glass. It'd just bounce off.
Guys while it's true the hit in the commercial was fake please believe me when I tell you something hits your window with you moving at speed it can do some damage,
I've actually had on two different occasions had birds come through my window first one was a Turkey it actually busted through the passenger window and then broke my seat back on the passenger side (admittedly huge difference in weight) on that occasion both seats needed to be replaced passenger side due to what the Turkey did and the driver side due to my uhhh shall we say I said it then did it reaction.
The second was a falcon (I think) wasn't a turkey but a good size bird he didn't go through but shattered the first layer.

oh, a drone would certainly do that kind of damage to a car windshield.
But that is never mentioned on this forum, we only talk about aircraft windshields here, the ones that have NEVER been hit by a drone yet.

oh, a drone would certainly do that kind of damage to a car windshield.
But that is never mentioned on this forum, we only talk about aircraft windshields here, the ones that have NEVER been hit by a drone yet.

Myth busters did one on bird strikes with planes. It was pretty cool as too this post I wasn't talking about planes

Yeah things get sidetracked here alot Willie but back on Farmers I finally saw it last nite on TV .
Thought it strange after you started this thread to see it .When I do watch TV commercials normally
I pay no attention to but this one did catch my eye. Guess it was this thread made me think of it .

Yeah things get sidetracked here alot Willie but back on Farmers I finally saw it last nite on TV .
Thought it strange after you started this thread to see it .When I do watch TV commercials normally
I pay no attention to but this one did catch my eye. Guess it was this thread made me think of it .
Maybe a few repliers needs to recalabrate LOL

Reactions: dirkclod
IMG_7303.gif

Guys while it's true the hit in the commercial was fake please believe me when I tell you something hits your window with you moving at speed it can do some damage,

Good morning @Willie14228 .

I don't think anyone is even remotely assuming that today's sUAS wouldn't do any damage to an automobile window. I just replaced my windshield last week from a small pebble the size of a pea. I think the main thing we're saying is it most likely wouldn't merely penetrate the window and remain in tact as the video portrays. They are known for "embellishing" and adding lots of humor/interest to a possible situation.

You can bet you bottom dollar that anything weighing more than just a few ounces is going to damage the window to some degree. The amount of damage depend on weight of the aircraft, speeds of both vehicles, angle of how it strikes the window, and the orientation of the aircraft at impact.

Reactions: ac0j and dirkclod

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter