DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fast Cert Possible?

RickC

Reactions
I need ** something ** in the next two weeks. Any suggestions appreciated.

What kind of cert are you trying to obtain?

it used to be called a "part 107" but i need something to convince officials in Peru that I am legit ...

Part 107 is only useful for flying commercially in the US.

but, it can be extremely useful, even required as part of an application process.

Where is the list of approved test centers? I cant find one?

Last edited:
Part 107 (in the US) is quick and easy to get. I'd go that route and you'd at least have something "issued" by a Govt Agency to help substantiate your claim.

"**something**" may be the Small UAS Certificate of Registration card you get from the FAA (on line, $5). Print it two sides in color, laminate it, and it might be impressive enough.

Reactions: razoraerial
You may want to check Peru rules when it comes to UAS. Each country has their own rules and registrations.

You may want to check Peru rules when it comes to UAS. Each country has their own rules and registrations.

I can’t tell if I’m missing the point or if others are. It seems he has done that, and would like a 107 cert to lend legitimacy to his Peruvian permit applications so he seems like more than just another tourist wanting to fly a drone over Machu Picchu and the sacred valley.

Reactions: JAW
To answer op’s question, you could easily study and take the test within that time period. If you have a part 61 cert you can finish the 107 stuff in about an hour and a half.

You’d have to find a de or a fsdo that could issue you a temp cert. assuming that would cover your needs. No way you’ll get a permanent cert in 2 weeks.

I have looked far and wide - even the FAA site does not list test centers. It is almost as though the contact infoi is being hidden.

Are you heading to Peru or do you live in Peru? Are you trying to get a permit to fly in and around Machu Picchu?

heading to Peru - NO interest in Machu Pichu - doing archaeology survey of geoglyph designs

heading to Peru - NO interest in Machu Pichu - doing archaeology survey of geoglyph designs

RPA certified?

Also, try contacting Dr. Luis Castillo- he’s using drones to do that and may have good information about permitting- he’s the director of the San José de Moro Archaeological Program in coastal Peru.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom