DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fast Moving Object Caught By Mavic Pro

Guess ya'll missed the part where I stated that I have identical footage from three occasions, one of which I took with a gopro (with a higher shutter speed) and clearly made out a hummingbird.

They fly like a bat out of H*** and in a straight line and their wings are non-existent in normal video

But... it could be an alien, or a projectile or a bug nevertheless, lol!

Reactions: mkdive
Can you post it?
Sure, I'll try to find it. Could take a while as they are buried in hours of footage. I actually made some notes of all three so I could go back and look... now where are those notes? LOL!

I found it fascinating that at least three times I had captured a hummingbird with my drone, and thus the theory (and it is ONLY a theory) that they are somehow attracted to the harmonics and do strafing runs? I know for a fact that some species of bees are attracted to drones for some reason.

If I do find I'll post it back here.

Last edited:
It was Elvis coming back. Get real, every time someone sees a bug or something fly by they think it's a UFO. Better to spend time trying to figure out how to keep Mavic from spazzing out when flying towards the sun.

I hate to rain on your parade, but I don't understand what's going on here... I always thought it was illegal to fly over forest fires. Perhaps in your country it's OK... But it's definitely an area where aircraft may be doing waterbombing and you're flying around exactly where they would be approaching this looming disaster. Again, paving the road for more problems for the drone community. Perhaps I'm missing something... or maybe that fast moving object was a bullet trying to shoot you down. I just don't understand the disregard for safety.... What part of this makes good sense, and why do people do this?

Reactions: SuperDave and dougf
To catch a hummingbird 's wings you would need about 376 f/s. A friend of my mine videoed them for discovery channel. It can very well be a hummingbird.

Hello All-

So I was flying above my neighborhood this past Saturday afternoon and didn't notice anything unusual, until I reviewed the video earlier tonight. By chance this happened to catch my eye. It's at the 0:05 second mark in this video. I would absolutely love to hear some thoughts as to what this could possibly be? Another drone possibly? It just seems incredibly fast. I was up at 394 feet and moving at 12mph. Whatever this was, it appears to have closed the distance on me fast.....

Thanks,

Jerry

Where's the video?

Hello All-

So I was flying above my neighborhood this past Saturday afternoon and didn't notice anything unusual, until I reviewed the video earlier tonight. By chance this happened to catch my eye. It's at the 0:05 second mark in this video. I would absolutely love to hear some thoughts as to what this could possibly be? Another drone possibly? It just seems incredibly fast. I was up at 394 feet and moving at 12mph. Whatever this was, it appears to have closed the distance on me fast.....

Thanks,

Jerry
WHere's the video

I caught one last year. Just like yours, I didn't see it till the video was on my computer.

Yea that's where I see em and is a bug with the sun reflecting of it just right . There was a long thread last year in PP and I made that clip being funny or trying to :)

If u cant identify it then it's an UNIDENTIFIED flying object and that's all there is to it.
So it's a UFO unless we have some close 4k stills.

well not sure if its smart flying above some forest fires, there might be helis or low flying planes ..
That's in my hunting club and knew what was going on but you are correct never fly into a forest fire . That was just a controlled burn .
We do em all the time .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman