DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fastest video editor?. Best software stabilizing the image?

skan

Reactions
What's the faster Windows software to edit your 4K and 1K videos?
I mean two things:
- Getting the output with fewer clicks, and not too difficult to learn.
- Needing a shorter time to process the video on a regular computer.

I'd like to create some basic effects such as smoothly accelerating some parts of the video, correcting levels or grading the image.
And very important, stabilizing the image to remove flickering/shake.

What is the software or plugin that achieves better results stabilizing the video?
Premiere, Edius, Vegas, DaVinci, Wondershare, Mercalli, Lightworks, Pinnacle, Avid, Magix...

We can create two categories: free and paid.

Stabilising then Premiere Pro Warp Stabiliser is by far the most powerful and flexible once you learn it.

Reactions: skan
A few yes and admittedly ages ago but i keep coming back to Premiere for editing and stabilising. Steep learning curve but i find it easily the best after that.

What's the faster Windows software to edit your 4K and 1K videos?
I mean two things:
- Getting the output with fewer clicks, and not too difficult to learn.
- Needing a shorter time to process the video on a regular computer.

I'd like to create some basic effects such as smoothly accelerating some parts of the video, correcting levels or grading the image.
And very important, stabilizing the image to remove flickering/shake.

What is the software or plugin that achieves better results stabilizing the video?
Premiere, Edius, Vegas, DaVinci, Wondershare, Mercalli, Lightworks, Pinnacle, Avid, Magix...

We can create two categories: free and paid.
I haven't tried all of the ones listed, but I have both Premiere Pro, and Davinci Resolve Black Magic Design Bete2(free version), and by far IMO, Davinci absolutely rules. I can upload finished files up to YouTube without losing any noticable(to me) quality.

I haven't tried all of the ones listed, but I have both Premiere Pro, and Davinci Resolve Black Magic Design Bete2(free version), and by far IMO, Davinci absolutely rules. I can upload finished files up to YouTube without losing any noticable(to me) quality.

Do you notice a big difference between Premiere and Davinci in terms of speed, final quality or difficulty?

Most people says Premiere is the best option, but I guess they never used any other.

Regards

Do you notice a big difference between Premiere and Davinci in terms of speed, final quality or difficulty?

Most people says Premiere is the best option, but I guess they never used any other.

Regards
In terms of speed, for my setup, Davinci is significantly faster than Premiere Pro, and free to boot(for the version I have).
P.S. In addition, Davinci is much easier to upload to YouTube without degredation.

Last edited:
Ive found Premiere faster (if by speed you mean rendering etc?). Its a learning curve but there are loads of tutorials out there (same for davinci).
I find premiere gives me far more options on output for quality and so on.

The main thing for me are plugins - premiere has the ability to support Neat Video and others which i find essential. The lumetri colour i find easier to use than davinci.

Reactions: Ripper7620
Ive found Premiere faster (if by speed you mean rendering etc?). Its a learning curve but there are loads of tutorials out there (same for davinci).
I find premiere gives me far more options on output for quality and so on.

The main thing for me are plugins - premiere has the ability to support Neat Video and others which i find essential. The lumetri colour i find easier to use than davinci.
How do you compare Lightworks vs Premiere?

For a rough edit, Avidemux is superfast. You can only cut on keyframes, but it's good for trimming overall length for a later, more fine-tuned edit. It's free. It'll save a 3GB 4k file in, literally, 30 seconds or so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun