DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fastest way to get photos & video on PC

deonholt

Reactions
I have learned by experience with my Spark that downloading to my phone via the download option takes for ever. With the MM I have chosen to take out the card and put it into my USB 2.0 card reader connected to my Windows 10 PC. But this seems to take even longer.
Will appreciate some tips on how you do it.

Hi, try an USB 3.0 card reader, it is about 10X faster!
I may be incorrect but I think for a USB 3.0 reader to work you also would need to be plugging it into a USB 3.0 port (blue). In order for me to get it functioning correctly, I needed a USB 3 extension cable to reach my rear-mounted ports and the reader. It works great and is fast.

Reactions: fificap
I may be incorrect but I think for a USB 3.0 reader to work you also would need to be plugging it into a USB 3.0 port (blue). In order for me to get it functioning correctly, I needed a USB 3 extension cable to reach my rear-mounted ports and the reader. It works great and is fast.
You're right !

Weakest (slowest) link in the USB chain will determine USB throughput.

Still, even at USB 2.0 speeds should be faster than transfering over RC/AC link, which you then have the added step of transferring from mobile device to PC

Just curious...why are you downloading it to your phone. The SD card will download super fast to your computer. The Phone already has a low res video that look's good on the phone.

Reactions: Thomas B
If you want to share immediatly your photo and video, directly from your phone, you have to download them! With dji fly you can even share then while the MM is still hovering on the air!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird