DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAT Battery!

Ntexguy

Reactions
I know there are tons of discussions on battery care, but I have one simple question. I fly a mavic pro and one of my batteries has about 70 charges and is just beginning to swell on the bottom. It will still easily ‘snap’ in, but I think I have read when this happens, it is time for a new battery and not take any chances. Is that the general consensus? Thanks so much.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Other opinions and fixes with straps, etc exist.
That said, when a battery shows swelling, even of a minimal nature that resolves itself, the battery should be discarded, or warrantied. At the least, you run the risk of a battery disconnection in flight and resultant larger financial loss of your drone.

as Thomas B said best not to use battery for flying keep it for when you need the drone to be active for updates etc the cost of a new battery is much less than the cost of a damaged drone and if you do get a new one make sure you get it from a reputable dealer or DJI themselves

Reactions: Thomas B
Swollen batteries typically swell further when heated, so if it's already getting tight it might pop out when further heated by the power draw from flying.
My sincere thanks to all for the responses.....this battery has seen its last flight.....maybe ground exercises, but that’s all!
I really am grateful for the input!
Mike

Reactions: BigAl07 and Bobvt
If you have the Fly More combo you can still use it as a power bank with the supplied USB adapter for a while, but never ever for flying again.

Reactions: Bobvt
I don't use DJI batteries - they swell even after being VERY careful with them. switched to :
Never had another problem - trust me they are the BEST batteries - loads of links here to same batteries

My 3 Mavic Pro batteries have been produced November 2016, have 133 cycles each and are still in good condition, not swollen at all.
DJI batteries are as good as others or better, all a matter of correct handling!

i have 5 batteries two with Dec 2017 production dates and one with Jan 2018 another one Feb 2018 and my newest one Oct 2018, the three that came in the flymore package have 41 charges each, the Feb 2018 has 38 charges, and the Oct 2018 has 16 charges, the cells are all equal in voltages, and i have had no problems whatsoever with any of them, i get 18-20 mins of flight time per battery ,and land at 40% when my first warning is set, i then store them at that voltage till the next time i want to fly, and then fully charge them the evening before, they are all Genuine DJI batteries purchased from a DJI approved dealer

I was using a battery with a slightly swollen bottom
I took off with the battery at full charge and immediately headed away.
At about 130m the low battery alarm went off and the MP started the emergency landing routine. I was just able to guide it to an opening in the trees.
By time I reached it, even the indicator light was off.
Perhaps I should retire this one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone